New WRX owner here!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX owner here! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys.. Well I just purchased a WRX today.. oh man soo lovely to drive! And this is also my ...

New WRX owner here!

Hey guys..

Well I just purchased a WRX today.. oh man soo lovely to drive! And this is also my first manual transmission car I've owned. So driving home from the dealer today was quite a learning experience. But overall I feel I'm getting the hang of it pretty well. And I've driven it around a lot this afternoon and evening just to get a better feel for it as come Tuesday I'm gonna have to drive it in traffic.

I got a used 2005 in Silver with 7500 miles.. was going for $19.9k an excellent deal if you ask me. And when I test drove it two days ago the dealer didnt know it had an aftermarket mod on it!! Today when I finished all the paperwork and went to pick it up they told me it had a 'Turbo Exhaust-Dump' on it. I believe that is what he called it. I'm not really too knowledgable about the internal parts and mods on cars so thought I would post this here to find out what exactly this is. There is a small switch to the left of the stearing whell that opens closes the valve.. damn what a difference. Damn thing is LOUD as all hell with it fully open. My question is, does this make any difference in performance or its it just for the sound?? And how much does a mod like that cost?

But anyway love the car.. can't wait to drive it more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

erk, they didn't know it was modded. . I'm not sure what he means by turbo exhaust dump but I'd baby your car a bit until you really know the mod setup on it. See if you can get someone locally on the forums tocome and look your car over. If not . . I'd start by taking pictures of the car and posting them up here.

Edit: And welcome!!!

Welcome...sounds like a nice car! Great price too. The "dump" sounds to me like an electric exhaust cutout; basically it opens the exhaust up so it doesn't have to travel all the way through the system to the tip. On a turbo vehicle, this should add a little power (10-20), more if you have a bigger turbo. Might have some more mods, definately get someone who knows what they are doing look at it (i.e.NOT the dealer you bought it at).
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

Good choice on your purchase, Im happy you like it. And you'll have the manual down before you know it. Good luck.

Welcome !
    It's all about the mountain twisties, biyotch~

Thanks guys.. I'm loving the car soo glad I decided on the WRX. Now if I could only get the hang of the clutch, got 1 more day basically to practice before I will actually have to drive this in traffic. Been just driving it around the neighborhood a lot, getting a feel for the car.

I think I'm still letting the clutch out a little to fast.. as I keep staling it from a stop. And I haven't managed to get the car moving on a hill from a stop. Which worries me a little... Damn left foot is soo not use to doing anything while driving I guess. Wish my roommate was around this weekend as I don't have anyone to give me pointers. My other roommate drives an automatic so he's no help.

don't be afraid to give it some gas
    04 WRX Sedan Aspen White ( http://photobucket.com/albums/y257/Mar48)
    Now: Eibach springs - Espelir JGT 500 - MOMO shift knob - painted sides - painted red subaru badge - foglight covers - 18" Linea Limix's powdercoated black
    Next: .... you'll see

Hi!, welcome!

Would be interesting for us all, if you found out a bit more about these modifications!

Welcome. Lots of info on here to learn!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club... Congrats on the WRX. I love mine too!

There just so much fun.

Enjoy the site
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

congrats on the new wrx and welcome
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.