Picked it out!

This is a discussion on Picked it out! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is my first post so I would like to introduce myself to everyone here ... So after calling all ...

Picked it out!

This is my first post so I would like to introduce myself to everyone here ... So after calling all the dealerships in the area I have finally picked out a 2005 WRX premium. If they trade in my car and everything goes well I will have the silver beauty tomorrow. I already put $100 deposit down because they only have 1 left. I have been looking at a car that is around $25k so pretty much got my choices down to:

05 Jetta
    05 WRX
    06 Scion tC
    03 Lexus GS 400/05 BMW 325i

I think the WRX is the best choice for both speed/performance/style and it also won a lot of awards and reviews. I have researched this for a while and I keep seeing WRX in the findings... so hopefully in 3 days I'll be able to post pictures of my new Silver 2005 WRX!! Best part is I am getting it for $23,999 because its the last week in June!

PS: I know that a lot of you guys are going to say it's the best car, but can some of you post your experiences with this exact model? What were you looking at getting before you got the car? What was your price range? Why did you choose this car over the others you were looking at?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got 2005 WRX. I like it alot. I wanted a car under 32 grand The other cars I looked at were

2005 350Z
    2004 RX-8
    2005 Saab 9-2X

350Z was my faovrite, it definitely drives the best, and looked the best but I needed something with more room.
    The RX-8 felt sort of slow to me. It looks weird and it was overpriced in my opinion.
    The 9-2X was good but I'm not a big wagon fan.

So i went with the WRX. Performance is decent and it has the 4 door room I needed so it worked out good.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 06-29-2005 at 01:11 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome!

First choice was an R32. Not a good value (about $30K), I really didn't want leather and to mod significantly takes a lot of $. VW's reliability has been questionable as well.

Second choice was a 350Z. Not nearly practical enough. The rear storage was laughable. If I had two cars (one for fun and one for everyday) I might have gone with the Z. The Z would have been close to $30K as well. The RWD would have been bad in snow even with traction control.

The WRX was my third choice. I thought about the STi, but the monthly payments were a bit too much for me. In March 2004 the WRX was available with 63 month 1.9% financing (the STi was not). That cinched it. A premium package 5MT and a dealer installed SPT STi suspension kit out the door for a bit over $26K.

Over a year later I am still happy with the third choice.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 06-29-2005 at 02:38 PM.

Ok so I signed Pre-purchase papers pretty much on the WRX and a 2002 BMW 325i. I test drove both and I like the way the WRX handles/runs... one of the only things I didn't like was the bucket seat. I felt too crushed up.. I'm a big guy (6'5) so the sides of the bucket seat press up against me and it's kind of uncomfortable... the BMW on the other hand is HUGE and has leather seats and everything... What do you guys suggest? Is there a cheap alternative to the seat? Should I just go with the BMW? Any suggestions would be appreciated, I need to make up my mind by tomorrow at noon.. which is 13 hours away!! ..

Id say go for the WRX. I would never buy a Euro let alone a used one. I know BMW's are little better than VW but still. I would think that you would eventually get bored without havin a "fun" car like a WRX I Know I would. And seats im not sure.I dont know how the STi seats are opposed to the WRX but that may be a kinda expensive alternative.

I guess it sort of depends on you priorities. I you want luxury get the BMW. I'm sure its probably nicer inside, takes bumps smoother, and is quieter. And it has the BMW brand name if you care about that kind of thing. The WRX would probably be more fun to drive in my opinion. Persoanly I like how the WRX feels a little unrefined but thats just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 06-29-2005 at 09:23 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I would think that being from the east coast would mean AWD for sure!? It is a fun option to have. That is what I had wanted, room for passengers and AWD.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Id say go for the WRX. I would never buy a Euro let alone a used one. I know BMW's are little better than VW but still. I would think that you would eventually get bored without havin a "fun" car like a WRX I Know I would. And seats im not sure.I dont know how the STi seats are opposed to the WRX but that may be a kinda expensive alternative.
    A friend of mine has a 2004 STi. I feel no discernable difference between the STi seats and mine. The only difference seems to be the fabric covering the seats. The STi (2004) has nice faux suede upholstery. I'm 6'3" and feel the WRX seats are pretty cozy.

I Support ClubWRX
    I am 6'2" and to me the seats in the wrx feel like sh!t, but I am also 300lbs. So I am going with Sparco's later in the cars life anyway so I dont care about the stock seats. As far as the BMW goes, BMWs are the sh*t I dont care what anybody says, they are. As for a used one that you dont know what kind of history it has Id say no. A car is all in how it is taken care of reliability wise. A car that someone puts a couple bucks in every month in maintanence is always going to outlast one that someone spends several hundred on once a year. Also previously owning a BMW oil changes (also vws) are outrageous Maintanence is also outrageous and so are OEM parts. Just my .02

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

WRX all the way, IMO if you don't get a Z3 or M3, don't buy a bimmer w/ a 3 in the title. I'm 6'4" but weigh 360#'s and I LOVE my seats. They did take a bit to get used to, but they just snuggle right up to me. I'm sure I'll destroy them in quick fashion. But then I can worry about a tad bit roomier seat. A buddy of mine owns a 323iS (manual) and I make him look the damn fool. Not sure the HP diff from the 2.3 to the 2.5 though? His 2nd choice was a WRX, and now he's kicking himself in the arse because he bought the 323 and not the WRX. He called me a man pleaser when he saw what I bought.
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    A friend of mine has a 2004 STi. I feel no discernable difference between the STi seats and mine. The only difference seems to be the fabric covering the seats. The STi (2004) has nice faux suede upholstery. I'm 6'3" and feel the WRX seats are pretty cozy.
    Ok I didnt know if they were different as far as size or not. I was just throwin that out in case anyone had any input. And that pretty much answered it there. I guess the only other option would be to pick up some sparcos, momo's, brides, etc etc etc.

Im about 6'2, 240-ish and love the seats in mine. I'd go with the wrx and the way. I dont regret buying one at all.
    The other cars I looked at when I bought mine was the:
    EVO -The dealership treated me like **** and told me to come back with my dad if I was serious. Because I'm 20? Well those s.o.b.'s lost an easy sale.
    SRT4 -I though this was a really cool car, had a lot of power and was priced right. Awesome gauges too.
    350Z -I already had a turbo 240sx and performance wise I think the 350 would have offered a similar feel when boosted, which I was kind of tired of, thats why I was car shopping.
    GOLF 1.8t -Never even drove, it was last on my list and once I drove the STi I forgot about all the others and bought it.