So I finally test drove a WRX...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on So I finally test drove a WRX... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...and DAMN!! I was imprezed(har) Test drove an 05' WRB premium 5 speed. Stalled once coming out of the dealership, ...

So I finally test drove a WRX...

...and DAMN!! I was imprezed(har)

Test drove an 05' WRB premium 5 speed. Stalled once coming out of the dealership, but did pretty well for my first time driving stick in a while. I had the a/c at full blast with 3 people in the car, and it still pulled about 3 times harder than my accord. After many years of dreaming to get a WRX, I can say all my expectations were met or exceeded.

If everything goes well tomorrow when I return to the dealer, I will have a Obsidian black premium by the end of the week.

I went to 2 different dealers in my area. The first quoted me $25,491 OTD for the car I wanted. I went to dealer #2 to see if they could beat that price, and to my suprise they said they couldnt even match it! The salesman actually said "Im not supposed to say this, but I suggest you buy it at [dealer 1]"

So Im off to dealer 1 to talk final numbers tomorrow. If everything goes good, ill be sure to post pics of my new suby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet, hopefully you'll be able to get it.

I guarantee you will be hit by the mod bug soon enough after your purchase It just won't feel as fast after u get used to the speed. I thought it was effin fast when I bought the wrx and left my 86 Jetta (like 90 hp lol)

that is sweet price not sure about sounds good from magazines but i got my 05 black for 21,000

Hey welcome, and have fun with the car!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by t-rx
    that is sweet price not sure about sounds good from magazines but i got my 05 black for 21,000

keep in mind this is out the door, fully loaded, sunroof, heated seats, cold weather package, auto dimming mirror with compass, etc. Did you get your 05' for 21 out-the-door, or was that before taxes, title, and registration?

Congrats and welcome.

Sounds like you got a good deal there.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ProEnginePower
    keep in mind this is out the door, fully loaded, sunroof, heated seats, cold weather package, auto dimming mirror with compass, etc. Did you get your 05' for 21 out-the-door, or was that before taxes, title, and registration?
    thats def. a good deal on a 05 with premium package.

just how long have you been looking at getting a wrx. It took me from the day it came out two not all that long ago to get mine.But it was worth the wait
    " Burton is like sex in the snow, only board shaped and not as cold" - Lizz ----

Ive been looking into WRXs since they first came out in 02'

Never actually thought Id live to see the day I would drive one, glad I was wrong

thats awsome, congrats on your buy you got a great deal
    " Burton is like sex in the snow, only board shaped and not as cold" - Lizz ----

Quote Originally Posted by ProEnginePower
    ...and DAMN!! I was imprezed(har)

Test drove an 05' WRB premium 5 speed. Stalled once coming out of the dealership, but did pretty well for my first time driving stick in a while. I had the a/c at full blast with 3 people in the car, and it still pulled about 3 times harder than my accord. After many years of dreaming to get a WRX, I can say all my expectations were met or exceeded.

If everything goes well tomorrow when I return to the dealer, I will have a Obsidian black premium by the end of the week.

I went to 2 different dealers in my area. The first quoted me $25,491 OTD for the car I wanted. I went to dealer #2 to see if they could beat that price, and to my suprise they said they couldnt even match it! The salesman actually said "Im not supposed to say this, but I suggest you buy it at [dealer 1]"

So Im off to dealer 1 to talk final numbers tomorrow. If everything goes good, ill be sure to post pics of my new suby
    You may want to consider the Saab 9-2X. I got mine (Aero=Turbo) for just over $18k out the door. Cheaper than a new WRX. Same engine with better interior appointments, STI steering rack, etc. I am in no way saying one is better than the other, but if you're looking to buy new it's an attractive option.

Yeah, GM is running that "you pay what we pay"deal, and it applies to saab, hummers, all the product lines.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Can't beat the AWD here is AK. I just got my WRX a week ago tuesday. paid 20K for it, used and a 6/100K warranty.
    Catch Me If You Can

Quote Originally Posted by ak_wrx
    Can't beat the AWD here is AK.
    No kidding!

Do you guys still have snow up there?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    No kidding!

Do you guys still have snow up there?
    its july....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.