New, Impressed, and Overwhelmed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New, Impressed, and Overwhelmed within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all. First, I wanna say what a great resource that these forums are. I am new to the whole ...

New, Impressed, and Overwhelmed

Hey all. First, I wanna say what a great resource that these forums are. I am new to the whole tuner scene, especially with turbo charged cars. I've had an Eclipse, and a Talon in the past and I really didnt do much with them, I just had them because they were cars that got me to work, not necessarily because they were imports (kinda). However, they were kind of "gateway" cars that ultimately led me to the WRX. The WRX community seems to be a WHOLE different ballgame from those others. I'm looking to mod my car, but there are so many options that its seriously a bit overwhelming to a novice such as myself. Uppipes, downpipes, accessports, there are a lot of things that I have a lot of questions about, and it does seem that this is the right place to be for that. If any experienced WRX owners out there have MSN or AOL, I'd love to chat with ya sometime, although I may beat your ear with questions. Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

weclome!

where you from in pittsburgh? i grew up there before i joined the army.

anyhow, spend some time reading and the search and im srue youll find most of the basic answers to your questions, and then you can just post for clarification!

have fun.

I'm from about 30 minutes south of the city, actually, in Washington. Where'd you grow up?

lets see. i lived near McKeesport when i was young. the my mom got remarried i moved out past Monroeville to Murrysville (that i really wouldnt consider pittsburgh) then i moved in with my dad and spent most of my adult/hs/college time in Churchill.

i graduated from Woody High in 99.

Welcome to the club. I went to WVU, so we were in Pittsburg lots for stuff. Have fun here.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Welcome!! There is lots to learn.

There are some stickies in thie forum and also the engine performance forum that would be a great start for you.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    lets see. i lived near McKeesport when i was young. the my mom got remarried i moved out past Monroeville to Murrysville (that i really wouldnt consider pittsburgh) then i moved in with my dad and spent most of my adult/hs/college time in Churchill.

i graduated from Woody High in 99.
    Thats cool. I bet Cali is a totally different world than this place, eh? I've always wanted to get out there, but it hasnt happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    Welcome to the club. I went to WVU, so we were in Pittsburg lots for stuff. Have fun here.
    Thanks man! If you are ever back around this area, let me know. I'd love to see your ride!

dont move. this place sucks, at least THIS area. its 50 some degrees on july 4th

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Welcome!! There is lots to learn.

There are some stickies in thie forum and also the engine performance forum that would be a great start for you.
    Lots to learn maybe the understatement of the year. haha But I am trying to do my homework, so I dont get flamed.

I'm not gonna move, I meant visit. Its only 50 there?!?! I figured it'd be bakin out there. Whats it like in the winter?

Alot of California has nice weather it was like 80degrees in San Jose CA. But its kinda a bad place to have a modded car with the tight smog check laws and CHP.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Alot of California has nice weather. But its kinda a bad place to have a modded car with the tight smog check laws and CHP.
    Yeah, no doubt. I'm not sure if your smog checks are the same as our emissions tests, but that is one thing I am concerned about, as far as modding my car goes.

yea thats why i mentioned THIS part. other parts are nice. its freezing cold here. i wore a jacket, long sleeved shirt, and jeans today.

I guess I shouldnt mention that it was in the mid 80's today here then. haha Does your family still live out here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast