New to the site and to subarus

This is a discussion on New to the site and to subarus within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, my name is Ian, I am a college student at CCSF in San Francisco, I also work in ...

New to the site and to subarus

Hi guys, my name is Ian, I am a college student at CCSF in San Francisco, I also work in construction and do a lot of welding. I joined so that I can learn more about the WRX because I am thinking of buying one. I originally had my mind set on an S14 and doing an RB 25 swap, but my priorities have recently changed and I dont really want a car that is going to require constant attention, work and money and also have the potential for lots of down time. Until now I have been a Nissan guy and dont know **** about subarus. I currently drive a '96 Maxima with lots of mods, but its beginning to be a pain in the ass and it needs to go. I am still not 100% decided on the wrx, I'm probably like 70% wrx and 30% 240 but I am a pretty tall guy and I also dont think a small 2 door coupe is a good idea, I really need a sedan and the WRX seams like the best choice comming fomr a maxima...I also dont want another FWD car

I'm also gonna register over on NASIOC and check them out, if anyone knows of any other good wrx sites besides here and nasioc, post em up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome.

this place is def more fun and laid back than the "other site"

welcome

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

The "other" site is a good source for information as it is quite a bit bigger. I am a member there, but rarely sign on. You will find no friendlier site than where you are at!

http://i-club.com/ ain't bad.

welcome to the club...youll find al you need to know here
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

thanks guys. this looks like a great site and if I do end up buying a wrx I think I will have a good time here.

Welcome to the club!!
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.