how should i drive my WRX for best performance
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on how should i drive my WRX for best performance within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The title says it all, im a new WRX (5speed manual) owner and I currently have no mods. After my ...

how should i drive my WRX for best performance

The title says it all, im a new WRX (5speed manual) owner and I currently have no mods. After my 1000 mile break in, to get the best performance out of the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For best fuel economy (I'll assume that's what you meant) shift as soon as possible without lugging, or at most shift when the motor hits max torque rpm.

For best acceleration shift at max hp rpm and do not let the rpms fall below max torque rpm; the motor should always be between max torque on the low side and max hp on the high side.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

For performance... and keeping the turbo running... What are the max torque and HP numbers for best performance for each gear

I Support ClubWRX
    The max torque and rpm numbers do not differ regardless of what gear you are using; they are a product of the motor, not the gearing. The gearing will affect you though, as it's more difficult to keep the rpms in the correct range if the gears are widely spaced -- so 3/4 and 4/5 are more difficult to deal with while keeping the rpms in the ideal range than 1/2 and 3/4.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

you need to remeber that ist an awd car

very importantly you need to remember that your wrx is an all wheel drive sports car witch means its not built to be a drag launcher even tho it has very repectible 1/4 mile times its important not to hold the clutch in build up revs and launch or you will be going threw trannys more then tires the wrx has alot of power for road and rally racing hence the awd if you really want your wrx to last you along time dont make alot of high rev shifts and shift in between 3000&4500 rpms if you dont care about your car max it out at every light and remember racing on the street is for *****es real men do it on the track

Quote Originally Posted by Reason2Race
    very importantly you need to remember that your wrx is an all wheel drive sports car witch means its not built to be a drag launcher even tho it has very repectible 1/4 mile times its important not to hold the clutch in build up revs and launch or you will be going threw trannys more then tires the wrx has alot of power for road and rally racing hence the awd if you really want your wrx to last you along time dont make alot of high rev shifts and shift in between 3000&4500 rpms if you dont care about your car max it out at every light and remember racing on the street is for *****es real men do it on the track
    I dont want to race it, i just want more of a take off when I excel from a light and also id like to know the optimal rpm range to get the best performance out of the engine. IM leasing the car so it only has to last for 4 yrs 60k

I Support ClubWRX
    That's a different question though.

Just drive it like any other car on the street. Keep in mind that burnouts and clutch drops will wreck it in short order though, leased or not.

Quote Originally Posted by valuepac
    I dont want to race it, i just want more of a take off when I excel from a light and also id like to know the optimal rpm range to get the best performance out of the engine. IM leasing the car so it only has to last for 4 yrs 60k
    That's the downside to a small displacement high-boost motor, it doesn't have much low end grunt. Until you get used to it, be careful turning left in front of people, etc.

Congrats on your new car and welcome!

dont forget that you can get charged for problems with the car when you turn it in
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

The title says it all, im a new WRX (5speed manual) owner and I currently have no mods. After my 1000 mile break in, to get the best performance out of the car.
    Like you stole it.

HA HA! +1 like you stole it!! YEAH!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.