New owner, hopefully soon.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New owner, hopefully soon. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi. I currently have an 03 tacoma and 86 vette... I was recently going to get rid of both for ...

New owner, hopefully soon.

Hi. I currently have an 03 tacoma and 86 vette... I was recently going to get rid of both for an '02 Corvette, but after comparing how I fit (6'7) in both cars, and the need for extra seats... It looks like the WRX is the way to go. Can't decide between the dark silver and the blue. Hopefully I can drop my stereo equipment right into the WRX...

So, once I get rid of the vette and the taco, WRX Wagon (auto) here I come.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no get a manual!

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    no get a manual!
    Can't because of knee problems.

funyn you mention, i start physical therapy for my knee on tuesday...too much abuse in iraq.

anyhow i feel you though sometimes i start hurting but no way ill switch...ill just take more pain meds.

good luck.

You have some fun times ahead then. All my tendons were torn off and my knee cap shot up my leg like a hockey puck about 2 years ago.

forgot to ask, should I expect to pay MSRP, or like "$200 + invoice" on an auto wagon?

Hurry up autotrader and sell my damn corvette! Heh.

<---Not patient.

Congrats on your upcoming purchase! I just bought a WR Blue WRX myself, and I know the exact problem that you are facing. In the end, it is personal preference. I guess you should think about how much you are gonna wash it (we all think that once we buy it we will always keep it clean, but since you live in Washington, you know how much rain we get. Silver will look cleaner from a distance than the blue, but you won't have much trouble picking your car out of a parking lot if you get the blue. If you are gonna do other changes (wheels, exhaust, tint) think about those as well as you decide on the color. If you haven't checked out the pics of members rides, you should do so. You can see some of the aftermarket goodies that others have, and what will/won't work for you. Best of luck on your decision!

Thanks... I've about decided on silver. I love the blue, but in wagon it may be "too much" blue. I just wish the red was... darker. My taco and vette are dark metallic red, but I dont care for the Subaru red.... And now it looks like 2006 is getting some changes... bigger engine for the WRX. (Half a liter for 3 hp?) I'll have to research the release date, sounds like a good way to get a better deal on an 05

btw, Gir rocks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the up coming purchase..I was going to get my 05 in wrb but the wife started to nag saying she wanted black.....So I bought white

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I went and drove an 04 sedan today just for kicks... The handling is definitely adequate to my needs, but its hard getting used to the low end power (read: none.) I think a torque converter with higher stall would be a HUGE help to this car.

But I'm definitely going to buy one now. I love the way it brakes. Not too spongy, not too firm. No bad brake dive.

The salesman is trying to talk me out of getting him closer to invoice because of the factory rebate... which is BS. But we'll see.

You just keep negotiating, you will get him down. My suggestion would be get lots of quotes from different dealers, and use those to get yourself a better price. I pitted three dealerships against each other and haggled over the price for a few weeks before I got the offer that I was happy with.

Glad you like Gir, Invader Zim rocks!

Its so hard not to just go buy it right now. I'm SO going to regret automatic, but I'd regret stickshift too... I"l lsee how much Carmax will give me for my tacoma. And if the WRX dealer will come down another $800, I think I'll have a WRX this saturday.
    Last edited by Avaryc; 06-07-2005 at 03:31 PM.

I decided I'm buying a Saab 92 tomorrow or the next few days. Hope that doesnt make me an outcast.

there are a lot of people that like that car here so i wouldnt think so lol

I was just looking at the Saab 9-2...looks just like a rex to me. I wonder how much the leather seats and trim would cost to get in my rex, and whether they would fit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.