why isnt there a trunk release on the WRX remote?

This is a discussion on why isnt there a trunk release on the WRX remote? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im new to the subaru WRX and im suprised there no truck release on the remote key chain... why?...

why isnt there a trunk release on the WRX remote?

Im new to the subaru WRX and im suprised there no truck release on the remote key chain... why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The trunk release is mechanical, there's no solenoid to trigger with the remote. It's just not that kind of party.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

dunno, but it sure would be nice if we did have one of those buttons.
    what?

Didn't know this was the case with the sedans (I have a wagon). The wagon is cool because you just hit the unlock button twice (to unlock all doors) and the hatch is unlocked as well. It has a handle and opens right up... A small advantage for the wagon??
    2005 Legacy GT Wagon - The Stealth Bomber
    1990 Mazda Miata - Future Star
    2007 SCCV Overall Points & Autocross Champion
    2006 SCCV Autocross Class 3 Co-Champion
    2004 SCCV Autocross "Rookie of the Year"

Quote Originally Posted by boxerwagon
    Didn't know this was the case with the sedans (I have a wagon). The wagon is cool because you just hit the unlock button twice (to unlock all doors) and the hatch is unlocked as well. It has a handle and opens right up... A small advantage for the wagon??
    its just unlocked though, it doesn't pop open a little for you. NO ADVANTAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by valuepac
    Im new to the subaru WRX and im suprised there no truck release on the remote key chain... why?
    who the F*@K cares about a trunk release button. If you wanted something teh ghey like that then you should have gotten a maxima or an older lexus or something teh lame like that.

I want a trunk release button. The Legacy's have them, so why not teh Imprezas?
    Nissan and Toyota don't have AWD/Turbo (excluding the Celica Turbo from early 90's)

If people really want the truck release button they can have it added with aftermaket alarms for an extra few $$$
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 06-03-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valuepac
    Im new to the subaru WRX and im suprised there no *truck* release on the remote key chain... why?
    cause if you have a *truck* in your suby you're going to need more than a button to get it out! try using a wrecker! j/k
    trunk releases are pretty handy sometimes I agree

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    who the F*@K cares about a trunk release button. If you wanted something teh ghey like that then you should have gotten a maxima or an older lexus or something teh lame like that.
    Careful now. My "teh gay" Legacy has a trunk release button. Oh...and did I mention it's a bit faster than a stock WRX? And soon faster than a stock STi? And yeah...not to long from now a bit faster than a stage 4 WRX. So hey....maybe it is "teh gay", or even "teh lame", so what does that make slower cars?

BTW...please knock off the potty mouth, even designed to avoid the auto-swear finder. It's not welcome on these boards.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums