Alternative to the WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Alternative to the WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I know there really is no alternative to a WRX but what would be a decent, enjoyable, and ...

Alternative to the WRX

Hey guys, I know there really is no alternative to a WRX but what would be a decent, enjoyable, and fairly new car between 10000 and 15000? By new I mean like 2001 and up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Atif Farooqi
    Hey guys, I know there really is no alternative to a WRX but what would be a decent, enjoyable, and fairly new car between 10000 and 15000? By new I mean like 2001 and up.
    you might be able to find a 02 wrx for 15 or less, i think Luis (MAD WRX) is still selling his for 15 or so.

link
    - Local Riceist

try and get a used Mazdaspeed Protege.

Quote Originally Posted by Atif Farooqi
    I really like the scion TC style. They are a good bang for the buck. Not just that, but Greddy also makes a nice lil turbo kit for em.

you can get a 2002 Acura RSX-S for $15,000.

Hell you can get a 2002 WRX for that price.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I got my 2003 (with leather) for 15.4, so you should be able to find a 2002 for <15k. Stay on the search for a while, it took me 2 months, could take you longer. I was incredibly close to getting an RSX Type-S, but am so much happier with the WRX. I mean... non-turbo, FWD Honda vs. turbo, AWD Sube. Come on!

The only other car I would get besides it is the Mazdaspeed, since you can cut REALLY good deals on them, and lots are still low mileage. I'd stick it out for the WRX, but what else do you expect from a wrx board? Happy hunting.
    Last edited by sisforsurfing; 06-01-2005 at 03:21 PM. Reason: tags

I agree with everyone else. Just get a wrx. But if you have to then I would say do what wrxaddicted said and go with a TC. I kinda like em too. They are starting to grow on me. Not only that but they have Toyota reliability which is nice.

You mean there is an alternative to the Scobbie?

Seriously...go with the WRX or a RSX Type-S....or wait 6 months for some fat rebates on the new '06 Eclipses!

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    try and get a used Mazdaspeed Protege.
    uh, i wouldnt. problems galore with those pieces of garbage.

Yeah I will probably never own another mazda. Especially knowing Ford makes em. (er somethin)

theyre not made by ford. the parts arent even interchangable. they do share technologies etc.

Banned
    Impreza 2.5RS
    WRX
    RSX or Integra Type R
    maybe, maybe s2000 with high miles
    toyota celica or MR2

I don't know what to do anymore. I was looking at a mazda6s but my dads like no its six cylinder, too much gas. Then I said well a WRX is 4. Then he said no manual b/c he wants to use it for his dirty work like taking it to the Home Depot and stuff. Then he said it has to be fuel efficient. I said WRXs are some of the most fuel efficient carsout there that are really reliable. And I said its good for all year round driving. Then he said I won't spend mnore than 8000.

what the hell does he want for 8 grand? i wa sjust about to suggest a mazda three hatch, but 8gs, and from 01+? tell him to get a ****ty pickup with a bagillion miles. they dont give cars away anymore (if they ever did)

Welcome to my world. Haha I drift the shopping cart all the time!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.