New member here!

This is a discussion on New member here! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to say hi... I bought my new WRX back in November... I had been wanting one for about ...

New member here!

Just wanted to say hi... I bought my new WRX back in November... I had been wanting one for about 3 years, I had to move up to Seattle from Phoenix to push me to finally get one! LOL I actually checked this board out briefly prior to my purchase, and was excited to see how much enthusiasm is shared for what I consider the finest, coolest car that most people know nothing about... then again, I think the sleeper aspect is another element that drew me to the WRX

I have also come to the startling realization that my Sooby is considerably faster than my very first car, which was a royal blue 73 Super Beetle... may she rest in peace in the auto graveyard.

Yes, I am also still reveling from my first encounter with snow (we don't get much actually in Seattle, but some big mountains nearby)... I was driving through Snoqualmie Pass in the Cascade Mountains a few months ago, and a huge snow storm hit out of the blue, as it was a very light year snow wise and a storm that late in the year was kind of unexpected... I saw that the highway up ahead was coming to a screaching halt (later learning 2 semis were jack-knifed, blocking the roadway)... anyway, even with the AWD, I was still a little wary, as I have the stock Bridgestone specials, no chains or anything... plus I was more worried someone might spin out and slide into my baby! This was actually reinforced by the fact when I pulled onto the exit ramp, a Ford Ranger was sliding backwards down the ramp towards me... but slid off the road out of my way, fortunately... I did have to stop and wait for the knucke-head though! I was so impressed as I drove down the exit ramp and back up the entrance ramp heading back, which were both unplowed... handled like a dream! I also can't forget the shocked faces of the BMW owners, who were spun out on the side of the road, watching longingly as I drove by! No kidding, there were 3 BMWs spun out and a Mustang within this small stretch, and I just chuckled as the snow scrunched underneath me... Once heading back, there was no traffic (all blocked at the pass from the other way!), so was able to gun it some... pretty fun zooming along at 50-60 in the snow, when everyone else is just kind of crawling along

Anyway, my WRX has been all I hoped it would be, and love driving it every second... even in the traffic here!!!

Bryan
    Hmmm, does house paint come in WR Blue Pearl?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congratz on the WRX. gotta love AWD!

Do you mean World Rally Blue Pearl not Metallic Blue Pearl?
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Do you mean World Rally Blue Pearl not Metallic Blue Pearl?
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

Lightbulb

Doh! Thanks for catching that! Yes, I meant WR Blue Pearl! Time to change the signature line! LOL
    Hmmm, does house paint come in WR Blue Pearl?

welcome to the boards
    " I'm a bad man"

It sounds like you have had great fun in it already! Welcome!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club !! Enjoy your time here... and Search will be your friend. It will pull up info you want to know or answer some of your questions you might have.

Congrats on the car... btw
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, have fun with it

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

congrats on finally getting the wrx....welcome
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?