WRX STi - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on WRX STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OP, it really matters on what is your driving style. Like turns? Get that STi. Like going straight? Mod that ...

OP, it really matters on what is your driving style. Like turns? Get that STi. Like going straight? Mod that stang (in my opinion).

There was this saying I follow, but it's paraphrased and such to fit this situation:
    Straight roads is for fast cars
    Twisties are for fast drivers.

;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    OK...there is about to be a boatload of warnings coming out around this thread. I'm a bit surprised at some of you. Jeez....I feel like me dad right about now. Chastizing doesn't suite me.

I've reviewed the thread, and the original poster is asking simple (ok...very simple) questions. Yes there is a search function which he should avail himself of. Yes, I understand the exasparation you feel.

However, this does not allow you to break the rules regarding conduct to another forum member. Stupid, a**hat, etc, are forms of personal attacks and will not be condoned. If you are bothered by a question, don't answer it. Plain and simple. Abusing the poster for it is not the way to handle it. All it does is get the thread way off topic (I should know...I get way off topic myself sometimes). Lets just call this a general warning and maybe consider an apology to the original poster.

In response to his repeated 2nd question, please go visit the following forums and you will learn more than you need to know regarding the WRX:

1. Enginer Performance
    2. Drag Racing
    3. WRX vs The World
    4. Road Racing
    5. Rally

Those should hook you up just fine...and for some of the other members, let me be the first to apologize. I think you'll find that as you hang out more, and understand more (and please try!) about the scoobie platforms, you'll enjoy hanging out here.
    -'da Mod hath spoken
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 05-26-2005 at 04:29 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    OK...there is about to be a boatload of warnings coming out around this thread. I'm a bit surprised at some of you. Jeez....I feel like me dad right about now. Chastizing doesn't suite me.

I've reviewed the thread, and the original poster is asking simple (ok...very simple) questions. Yes there is a search function which he should avail himself of. Yes, I understand the exasparation you feel.

However, this does not allow you to break the rules regarding conduct to another forum member. Stupid, a**hat, etc, are forms of personal attacks and will not be condoned. If you are bothered by a question, don't answer it. Plain and simple. Abusing the poster for it is not the way to handle it. All it does is get the thread way off topic (I should know...I get way off topic myself sometimes). Lets just call this a general warning and maybe consider an apology to the original poster.

In response to his repeated 2nd question, please go visit the following forums and you will learn more than you need to know regarding the WRX:

1. Enginer Performance
    2. Drag Racing
    3. WRX vs The World
    4. Road Racing
    5. Rally

Those should hook you up just fine...and for some of the other members, let me be the first to apologize. I think you'll find that as you hang out more, and understand more (and please try!) about the scoobie platforms, you'll enjoy hanging out here.
    -'da Mod hath spoken
    Thank you, your doing a great job
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Performance driving school to drive the wrx? Come on man...Its just a car and it isnt that fast.
    the wrx is faster than about 70% of the cars out on the road.. mabey more.. i would reccomend a new driver(especially as their first car) the wrx is top heavy and it is fast, we have seen plenty come back into the dealership looking like a crushed soda can and hearing the people didnt do to well. in the papers around here i have seen a few wrapped around poles. People get some strange securities thinking oh its awd it can do anything.. when plain and simply it cant. Thats why it is a good idea for a new wrx owner(who hasnt owned anything sporty or had a few years exp. with sports cars or racing) should take a school. It is probably the best mod money can buy. you car aint Sh!t if you cant drive it right.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    the wrx is faster than about 70% of the cars out on the road.. mabey more.. i would reccomend a new driver(especially as their first car) the wrx is top heavy and it is fast, we have seen plenty come back into the dealership looking like a crushed soda can and hearing the people didnt do to well. in the papers around here i have seen a few wrapped around poles. People get some strange securities thinking oh its awd it can do anything.. when plain and simply it cant. Thats why it is a good idea for a new wrx owner(who hasnt owned anything sporty or had a few years exp. with sports cars or racing) should take a school. It is probably the best mod money can buy. you car aint Sh!t if you cant drive it right.
    Ditto...and for that matter, performance driving school (Which by the way...I'm selling a session for in the Personal for Sale forums and accident avoidance school should be taken by Every Single Driving in America!!!! All my kids will have it. My dad did it for me and my brothers and sisters. To date..no accidents in the family <knocks on e-wood>

Sorry for the OT.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.