new to the flat four
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new to the flat four within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats going on guys just got the 05 wrx light silver. so i'm coming to you guys for advice or ...

new to the flat four

whats going on guys just got the 05 wrx light silver. so i'm coming to you guys for advice or ideas or anything you got to offer. i had a 00 3g eclipse fed spec. you can see it at carsnrides.com under joker1180. i had it for 3 years problems were getting worse every week so turned in and he i am. i want this car to sit low grip hard and make grandpa in the next car to break his bladder. i was thinking switch the pads on the brakes first they blow. lower the car 2in front and rear. put on some 17-8's. and then of course the cai, cat-back, FM intercooler (aps stealth). thanks for anything

- subie newbie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User impreza_rs_2004's Avatar

Just my thought

I would go with TEIN springs one of the best out there. And go with A PERRIN sway bay front and back. As far as exhaust thats something you need to look into. HKS makes A great one for the STI. But it all what you want as far as sound and HP. There are some companies out there that are making A front mount intercooler that is A drop in no cutting or anything like that. Anyway I hope I helped A little bit.

And Welcome to the forum

Good luck with the ride get some pics and post them

don't for sound so much but hp is always welcomed. the aps front mount is cutting drop in place intercooler. thanks for posting

judging by your post, i'd advise you to invest some time reading here for a while before doing anything to your new car.

the pads will help a bit, but stainless steel lines will contribute more to eliminating brake fade (or the combo of pads, rotors and lines)

2" is probably too low. concentrate less on the ride height, and more on the best spring rates for your style of driving.

17" wheels are good, 18" can be too big for a lot of applications. remember, larger wheels mean more unsprung weight, and more rotational mass, which will hurt performance.

"then of course the cai, cat back, and intercooler"
    definitely start reading. the typical mod path on most cars is nowhere near where you want to start with the WRX. those three options are probably the last things you want to be thinking about to start with.

think about this instead (in order)
    uppipe,
    downpipe or TBE
    engine management.
    Last edited by dark_rex; 05-25-2005 at 06:53 AM.

Hey and welcome! Do some research on the CAI, unless you also engine management, which is a great idea for horsepower anyway! Have fun, do some reading in the stickies, and you will find all kinds of good info on these fun cars. Yes, the brakes do suck!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

thanx for the post this is what i was looking for. everything about this car is different than everything i have owned. the awd makes for a whole new way of driving. The clutch the gas.....well everything anyways is different from FF cars.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    judging by your post, i'd advise you to invest some time reading here for a while before doing anything to your new car.

the pads will help a bit, but stainless steel lines will contribute more to eliminating brake fade (or the combo of pads, rotors and lines)

2" is probably too low. concentrate less on the ride height, and more on the best spring rates for your style of driving.

17" wheels are good, 18" can be too big for a lot of applications. remember, larger wheels mean more unsprung weight, and more rotational mass, which will hurt performance.

"then of course the cai, cat back, and intercooler"
    definitely start reading. the typical mod path on most cars is nowhere near where you want to start with the WRX. those three options are probably the last things you want to be thinking about to start with.

think about this instead (in order)
    uppipe,
    downpipe or TBE
    engine management.

check out my car domain site in the sig... thats a good mod path iv spent just about 2k... good stuff
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.