Finally, I did it!!

This is a discussion on Finally, I did it!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! I just joined the site yesterday, the same time that I bought my 2005 Wrx WR Blue. Its ...

Finally, I did it!!

Hello everyone! I just joined the site yesterday, the same time that I bought my 2005 Wrx WR Blue. Its been a long time coming. So I guess that I have a few questions right off of the top. First of all, what kinds of mods can I do without voiding the factory warranty? I know that the factory warranty covers a lot of stuff so I need to make sure that before I install aftermarket equipment. Second question: what is the weight of the stock wheels and tires? Third: what is the largest wheel size that I can fit on my Rex? And lastly, this question is for the site administrators....is it possible to have a geographical map or listing of the members for ease of setting up meets, tech sessions, BBQ's, etc..? Thanks and I am super happy to be a member and a new owner of the WRX!

Skreekin
    Washington State

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome Skreekin!

I recommend searching the forums for some of your questions. There is a lot of info out there just waiting to be re-read.

As for voiding your warranty? Hehe - good luck. It's a crap shoot any way you look at it. Get window tint and they'll probably void any window warranty issues (streaks on window, burned window motor, cracks, etc). Do a search on 'warranty' and you'll find lots of interesting discussions.
    Dino
    - '03 WRX sedan - SOLD (Jan 07)
    - '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Stock)
    - '05 Volvo S60R - stock (Stock)

Welcome to the site!

All of your answers are here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/search.php

congrats on the REX and welcome to the club. my advise to you as far as modding: mod away, if you have a warranty issue, flash ECU, revert back to stock and bring her in. They will never know

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome and good luck with your car.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Okay, then I guess that I will mod away. Probably start with the simple stuff and work my way to the more expensive (and more difficult to install/uninstall.) Obviously its easier to replace the stock airbox than it is to switch out the up pipe and down pipe! Oh and I just gotta say that I definately get more looks with my Rex than I ever did with my Miata or my 1990 Honda Accord. Women love it!

Skreekin
    Washington State

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the WRX !! And Welcome to the club...

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here...

cant wait to see your new mod list soon !!
    Last edited by 03WRX_YELLOW; 05-19-2005 at 07:16 PM.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Welcome to the club, if you're looking for what mods will void your factory warranty just search for void warranty or warranty in the engine performance forum. This subject has been covered a few times already.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Welcome to the club, if you're looking for what mods will void your factory warranty just search for void warranty or warranty in the engine performance forum. This subject has been covered a few times already.

Search will be your Friend...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

welcome to the club...i wouldnt recommend an intake as your 1st mod...if you do a search you will find out why...usually an u/p or d/p is a good 1st mod....you could also go stages w/ cobb through their access port...again if you do a search youll find lots of info on it...good luck w/ the rex and enjoy moding
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

just remember that by law the dealership has to prove whatever mod you do caused the problem to void it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome! Since you have questions on verious topics, I'd like to recommend visiting the forums specifically designed to discuss those topics. Typically you will find stickies at the top of each forum that will answer most of your questions.

As for the regional question, since we have regional forums, doesn't that meet the needs that you stated?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I am still learning all the features of the site, so I do apologize for all the dumb questions.