what is a cobb stage 1-2 etc.....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on what is a cobb stage 1-2 etc..... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm a new-b here and to the whole Subaru car seen. I just sold my 96' Acura integra GSR fully ...

Smile what is a cobb stage 1-2 etc.....

I'm a new-b here and to the whole Subaru car seen. I just sold my 96' Acura integra GSR fully built all motor to by a 2002 WRX. The question I have is what is a cobb stage 1 or 2 that I keep seeing people talking about? I know its probably adumb question and all but I reaaly have no clue. I plan to mod the hell out of the car and thats why I asked the question. If anybody have any advice for a new-b it would be helpful, I plan on spending at least $5-600.00 on mods. Just wanna know the best way to go at it.... MAHALO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

both of these stages are achieved with a Cobb Accessport... Its basicalls two different computer maps for your ecu... stage 1=just reflash stage 2=turbo back exhaust + reflash...

go to cobbs website to learn more.

cobb
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

thanks for the info. that really cleared thing up for me MAHALO!

AccessPort=600 bucks... it will be the best 600 bucks you spend on the car with more gains the more you modify. I did the accessport first www.cobbtuning.com look at their dyno graph for stage 1. Its easier than installing a turbo back exhaust, and makes the car drive much smoother.

Have fun with your wrx.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

damn im finding good deals on the ebay exdhaust components (no ebay comments please, ill use a ton of copper gasket spray and hope for the best) for about 500 bucks. with the cobb at 600, i could expect to put down some nice numbers i would expect even on 91 octane?

Yes.

**** yea. not used to this simple ass ecu management though. can you make the maps yourself or what?

holy thread jack batman... make sure its high grade stainless steal low grade=rust. IMHO bosal dual tip can be had for 300... a decent invidia downpipe can be had for 300... the extra 100 is well worth it.
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck

sorry bout that bro. if they start to rust ill send them to be jet coated. the bosal isnt a turbo back though so add another 200 or so for downpipe.

if you plan on dumping alot of money into a car i would get the sti over a wrx...it is a much better platform to mod on
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    if you plan on dumping alot of money into a car i would get the sti over a wrx...it is a much better platform to mod on
    wrx is fine. compared to what i came from.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii50
    thanks for the info. that really cleared thing up for me MAHALO!
    You win the prize for the first time I've seen mahalo used here!

Haole

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    that is quiet possibly the stupidest thing i have ever heard and you should be flogged

05wrx =23000
    cobb stage 2= 2000
    sti tranny= 4000
    car that will beat a stock sti for 29000 priceless there is a reason why japan uses the 2.0 its a good platform

03 wrx= 15000
    cobb stage 2=2000
    sti tranny=4000
    car that will beat an sti for 21000 priceless. thats 9k to do engine work suspension whatever and you have a much better car than a stock sti.
    Last edited by GIRex; 05-18-2005 at 07:37 PM.

thats why i basically ignored the comment.

Yeah I've been doing some research for the 02" WRx and what I have found is I'm going to be saving myself a ton of money. Plus I love to get my hands dirty wrenching and doing your own mods, I guess its the feeling of self satisfaction. I'm always working on cars, family and freinds only cars,trucks it does'nt matter. So I've gt everything planned out, $15,000 WRX, 2,500 Cobb stage-2+sti turbo,$1,500 wheels&tires and so on. Since I've been on Club WRX I've learned alot about the cars....MAHALO!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.