Hey to everyone... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hey to everyone... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering if anyone could help me with a decision about my new WRX. I am going to pick ...

Registered User PeregrineFalcon's Avatar
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with a decision about my new WRX. I am going to pick it up tomorrow, and am trying to decide whether its worth getting the 17'' instead of the standard 16'' wheels. I am already getting the premium pkg, and am not sure if the extra $$ is worth spending for the larger tires.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The 17" BBS wheels? They are really nice, but expensive. You can great looking quality wheels for less. 17" wheels and summer tires will do wonders for the performance. The 16" stockers are not the best.

But are they worth $3,000 bucks? How much should I pay for em as an addition? If I dont get the 17" (either type) what is a comprable set I could buy from a Tire Shop? Also, are the 17" 5-Spoke Pressure Cast Aluminum Wheel worth the $1300? I'm new to owning my own car, so sorry if these questions are lame. Just want to get the best deal.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PeregrineFalcon
    But are they worth $3,000 bucks? How much should I pay for em as an addition? If I dont get the 17" (either type) what is a comprable set I could buy from a Tire Shop? Also, are the 17" 5-Spoke Pressure Cast Aluminum Wheel worth the $1300? I'm new to owning my own car, so sorry if these questions are lame. Just want to get the best deal.
    Both are not great deals. The forged BBS are very high quality wheels - perhaps more than you need. Personally, I do not like the cast offering from Subaru.

Have a look at http://www.tirerack.com/ to see what other options you may have for wheel and tire packages. It's where I got my tires & wheels.

Edit: You live in New England? You will probably be best having two sets of wheels for winter & summer.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 05-20-2005 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Both are not great deals. The forged BBS are very high quality wheels - perhaps more than you need. Personally, I do not like the cast offering from Subaru.

Have a look at http://www.tirerack.com/ to see what other options you may have for wheel and tire packages. It's where I got my tires & wheels.

Edit: You live in New England? You will probably be best having two sets of wheels for winter & summer.
    Ok thanks...Ya I plan to have two sets of tires. What do you recommend? Like I said I am new to this stuff :-)
    Looks are one thing at this point, id rather have performance, etc. What would your recommend for a good price?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PeregrineFalcon
    Ok thanks...Ya I plan to have two sets of tires. What do you recommend? Like I said I am new to this stuff :-)
    Looks are one thing at this point, id rather have performance, etc. What would your recommend for a good price?
    You would be best reading and searching the vast amount of info here. I could give you my opinions, but its only one perspective.

Start here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/suspension-wheels/

The wheel & tire package I got from Tire Rack have served me very well. Check out my profile for the specifics. The stock 16" rims and Potenza RE92s are passable for winter tires ... maybe not in NE though.

Do you think it's safe for me to wait until the Fall to get new tires and just stick with the 16'' for now?

Here are picks of my new car, that I picked up yesterday afternoon. It's amazing, and I'm really happy I bought the Sub WRX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12