Total noob here... (sparco seats and gauge package ?)

This is a discussion on Total noob here... (sparco seats and gauge package ?) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, I just picked up an '05 wrx wagon on Monday. I'm coming from a '95 Audi 90 that ...

Total noob here... (sparco seats and gauge package ?)

Hello all,

I just picked up an '05 wrx wagon on Monday. I'm coming from a '95 Audi 90 that I owned for almost 8 years. Anyways... I have a few questions (also posted on another forum on this site).

1. I have a set of sparco torinos from the audi that I want to put in the wrx. The wrx seats have airbags? What do I need to do to get the sparcos in without messing up the airbag system?

2. Is there wiring behind the dash for the factory gauge package (if your car didn't come with the gauges) ?

I can't wait to get the seats in, some sti wheels and tires, and the gauges in so I can start autoXing again!

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are yellow plugs under each seat. You'll need to stick a resistor in them when you take the seats out. I can't recall the exact resistance, but a quick search should turn that up.

The gauge pack requires a lot of wiring that is not included in the car. About the only thing you get out of the clock area is switched power and ground. This should give you a good idea of what is involved in a typical gauge install. It's not tough to do. It's just time-consuming.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Thanks for the reply! I did a search and see I need a 3.3 ohm resistor with very low wattage.

My next question (which I couldn't find in a search):

Is there some kind of procedure I need to do before unplugging the airbag/seat connection? Do I need to disconnect the battery or can I just unplug the connector at the seat? If I unplug it, will the airbag light come on or will I have time to put in the resistors? I'm hoping that when I finally start the car again the airbag light should be off if I put the resistors in correctly.

Thanks!

Mike