Racing: Who would win? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Racing: Who would win? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; oh yeah you probably had economy gears too 2.73's ring a bell, i am posi...

oh yeah you probably had economy gears too 2.73's ring a bell, i am posi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WoW! That car is clean for an '89. Not sure my babied '04 WRX is that clean...good job!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I looked again at your pics, and that is an extremely clean car for an '89. All original?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

yeah with the exception of the alternator, the spark plug wires/plugs, the O2 sensor and the cap, rotor, pick up coil and icm. everything is original. it still runs R-12 and probably still has the original tranny and diff fluids

(

here is a fair work up on my car this forum is dead but has some very expensive cars, im one of the few people who own an american car most are ferraris and lambos)

link

the cam profile really isnt the weak point of tpi motors, the intake runner length is. they make tons of torque in the low rpms but can't breathe in the upper rpms. thats why chey shortened the runners on both the lt1/4 and the current ls1/6 motors. i had in 87 350 stroked to a 383 with an 11.5 to 1 comp., 240/240 dur and 520 lift cam. slp intake runners, 1 and 3/4 headers 58mm bbk tb, 4.10s in the rear and on street tires only ran in the mid 12s. i switched to a carb setup on the same motor and ran high 11s( then got booted off the track for not having a roll cage). nothing beats a 750 carb. just have fun building her and get those blue oval boys.

I Support ClubWRX
    Seeing the profile of your car really takes me back. I was in high school when they released that generation of Camaro, and they seemed so aggressive and modern looking at the time. That's back before the profile of all cars morphed into the shape of a piece of chewed chewing gum. (drag coefficients hadn't taken over, quite yet...)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

yeah everkain a few things on that car got mis matched mismatched, a 52 will get you into the low twelves, here are some flow numbers.

Stock TPI/LT1 48mm Throttle Body w/o airfoil -- 783.0 cfm

Stock TPI/LT1 48mm Throttle Body w/ airfoil -- 821.9 cfm

TPI/LT1 52mm Throttle Body w/o airfoil -- 848.9 cfm

TPI/LT1 52mm Throttle Body w/ airfoil -- 898.8 cfm

air foil is fifty bucks, the slp's are garbage, if you had the money it might have been a good idea to go with TPIS modified and ported Arizona Speed and Marine Runners, they are massive, long as heck but flow tons of air, and again a TPIS Edelbrock Baseplate, It would take a big block to use that 58.

(Oh and for the guys who dont know what we are talking about its a dual barrel tb, so its really like a single 116mm tb. The stock throttlebodies on a camaro flow more than the tb's mustangs upgrade to, but that also kills horsepower because it reduces air speed. )

As far as the drag coefficents they really aren't all that bad the only thing that stops this car from capping 160 is the headlights.
    Last edited by Iroc-Z89; 05-15-2005 at 02:46 PM.

love the car i think that a wrx with any mork at all would win, and if it was re-flashed the wrx would pull hard. i got a stage 2 from vishnu and took my friends 01 ss from 20,30,550, and 100 so i think that people also really under rate the mods that you can do to a wrx but hey race and see how t goes!

I Support ClubWRX
    I owned an 88 TPI 5sp IROC ten years ago. As much as I liked it, if the WRX driver is halfway decent, he will win.

*sniff* *sniff* takes me back to HS... lotsa Cameros and Mustangs in my HS days... I liked the way the Cameros looked FAR better than the Fox body Mustangs... still do.

That is a very clean car, congrats.

That all being said, I think the majority belief is right... driver's race, but that being equal, a slightly modded (no more than stage 2) will win... but then, I could be wrong...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

you will get him on top end..... you have more horsepower.......i hate to admit it though

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    love the car i think that a wrx with any mork at all would win, and if it was re-flashed the wrx would pull hard. i got a stage 2 from vishnu and took my friends 01 ss from 20,30,550, and 100 so i think that people also really under rate the mods that you can do to a wrx but hey race and see how t goes!

I'd like to point out the original post was done back in May I am pretty sure the race is over by now.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Superman
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I say you race him on the track.
    WRX=track
    Camaro=drag
    Silver '04 Rex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.