Short Shifter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Short Shifter within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am in the market of buying a new short throw shifter and i wanted to know what is a ...

Short Shifter

I am in the market of buying a new short throw shifter and i wanted to know what is a really good one to buy. i was looking at perrin performance but i want to know if there is anything else out there that is good if anyone can help i would appreciate that thanks
    2005 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX
    Stock ---- but not for long....
    The Glavinator

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just installed Kartboy short shifter with bushings and I love it. The stock throws were very sloppy and felt soft, like you can shift eithout any effort. The short shifter reduces the throws and the bushings make the shifts more precise and take more muscle to shift which is what I prefer. And for under 120 bucks for SS and bushings its a great buy and its an easy install.

I have the B&M but do not recommend it. The factory short shift kit is pricey but good.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

yeah i would go sti short shift with the kartboy shift arm. the sti shifter is the reduced throw and the kartboy arm lowers the actual lever so it looks more like a miata than a truck. i think you have to specify to kartboy that you have or plan to have the sti shifter because that specific part is specific to each of the available shifters.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Anyone have the Cobb short shifter? I like the concept behind it. You can adjust the throw length, and the height of the shifter. Pretty cool.

+1 for kartboy and kartboy bushings

tom at kartboy is amazing vendor. i have had his products on my mazda and so naturally went to him for stuff for this car. anyone who pays 270-300+ for a shifter i think is either too much extra money or is silly. sorry if that offends anyone.

i paid less than half that for the shifter, shift knob, front and rear bushings. they should be here today...

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the factory SPT short shifter..........not too sure if I like it?? But I dont know if any other brand is going to help any better or?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I bought the perrin adjustable short shifter and all it is does is adjust the lenght of the throw and not not the shifter height since it utilizes the stock arm. I really didn't like that so I sent it back and went with RS-R which is cheap and is almost identical to the kartboy one. I'm very happy with it, however I may like it even better with the bushings which i don't have. I strongly recommend against the Perrin one though.
    2004 WRBlue Impreza WRX

damn the kartboy kicks ass. just put mine in...

Once again for kartboys. I have the Sti short shifter but I drove my friends WRX with the kartboy and it was great
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

damn the rear bushing was hard to get in (i got the hookup special..you gotta ask tom for the rear bushing ) though.

The bushing is the most difficult part, you need someone with small hands perhaps..
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

i should take pics of my arms

I Support ClubWRX
    hmm sounds like I will ditch the one my car came with and go kartboy with bushings. Also you all recommend the STi arm too?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.