Traitor from DSM land

This is a discussion on Traitor from DSM land within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi... just wanted to introduce myself. I am in the market for a used WRX in the near future. I ...

Traitor from DSM land

Hi... just wanted to introduce myself. I am in the market for a used WRX in the near future. I am an experinced DSMer with a heavily modded 90 TSI. Am looking forward to the civilty the WRX has over my Talon! I am looking to midly mod the WRX and have done some poking around in here, perhaps a new up pipe and intake, perhaps a re flashed ECU sometime, not much else. It also appears that MBC's on WRX's are not a good idea? Is this correct? Would a piggyback system such as an SAFCII fix this or is it more trouble then its worth. Thanks for all the infomation provided on this site...I look forward to taking part in future discussions here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mbc are not good if you have the stock cat in the up-pipe because it will heat up and cause the car to knock (happened to me so i know). the safcII is good but the ej20 responds more to timeing than fuel tuning. you are better off using the more popular engine management systems like utec, cobb, ecutec, etc...

also skip the CAI as a first or 2nd mod. Run a search and you'll find out why. Otherwise welcome to the club

t
    There's quite a bunch of DSM converts here.

If you can launch a DSM lauching a suby will be cake. Just don't launch too much

Good ideas, but as you probably already know, once you start modding, it is hard to stop!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    Good ideas, but as you probably already know, once you start modding, it is hard to stop!!
    Yes, i certainly realize that...that why i am keeping the Talon. She is going to be a full blown toy now. Though at the moment she needs a new front case as i blew the oil pump up just before i left for overseas last Nov. The suby needs to stay a daily driver! I know, i swore that about the Talon once too....but this time I am serious

Just finalized the deal and will be picking up the car on Thursday. A silver 2002 wagon with 64k miles. Very excited! Car has all service records from subaru and comes with the extened 100k warranty (though that might not last long). What is the timing belt change interval? I have seen both 105k and 60k on this board.

Welcome from another DSM man. Not too sure on the belt changing yet, I just got my WRX a week ago now and am about at the same point you are in learning a new car. Much more refined than even my 03 lancer was. Great step up car.

Eric

Well, here she is! All insured and ready to go...Cant drive it for a week as I will be gone for work though!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_119-1916_IMG.JPG  

Wagons rule man!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

welcome to the bugeye wagon family, nice to have you