Downpipe Cons
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Downpipe Cons within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a Invidia G200 TBE and I was just wondering if there is any cons not having an uppipe....

Downpipe Cons

I have a Invidia G200 TBE and I was just wondering if there is any cons not having an uppipe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, you are loosing power, spool up time and there is always the chance that with increased EGTs (if you upped the boost) that you may melt the cat into the turbo. Just do it..... Its a bit of an install but pays off a lot.... And your car will sound 5x meaner.

if i was too mod my 03 wrx again ..uppipe would be my first mod.

I know I might sound like a cheap ass but I'm getting an uppipe (stock) for really cheap and I'm going to gut it. I live by a place that works on subarus and they want $170 to install it. I not going to try it myself. I didn't like doing the downpipe. That price sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by rSin
    I know I might sound like a cheap ass but I'm getting an uppipe (stock) for really cheap and I'm going to gut it. I live by a place that works on subarus and they want $170 to install it. I not going to try it myself. I didn't like doing the downpipe. That price sound good?
    i payed 150 at esx for uppipe install,its a long install plus i didnt want any leaks. I have a stock uppipe for sale from 03 wrx haha

The up pipe is one of the best bang for the buck mods for the Rex. And dyno reports on this site document 'gutted' just as good as aftermarket. HP gains in excess of 10 HP.

Even if you are pretty good with a wrench (or should I have said - wench, ha ha, I make myself laugh) it may be best to let a pro do this install.
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

Kind of a thread jack... but what gains are there to be had with only an aftermarket up pipe installed?

jack exepted

And not really a thread jack.

I searched and found a 14.8 HP gain in one instance. But 10 HP minimum consensus, all day long.

This is why, Senor, the up pipe, he is a good thing, no?
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive heard 10-20hp gains

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Kind of a thread jack... but what gains are there to be had with only an aftermarket up pipe installed?
    u can count on 10whp quicker spool up and most importantly a free flowing turbo (if you have a downpipe) and if you up the boost with engine management. You wont melt ur cat and suck it into your turbo. If you have an 02 or 03 you can use mbc more safely.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.