Just bought a WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just bought a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just picked up an 03 WRX Wagon for my daily driver. My wife use to have an Impreza Outback ...

Just bought a WRX

I just picked up an 03 WRX Wagon for my daily driver. My wife use to have an Impreza Outback Sport and when that got totalled in an accident we replaced it with a 05 Legacy GT. So I guess you could say we're Subaru fans (not to mention the Vette!).
    2002 Black Corvette Coupe
    2003 Silver WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on your purchase. I hope the vette doens't get jealous
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome!!!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Yah... welcome to the club...

Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

you gonna keep it stock?
    " I'm a bad man"

Nice stable of turbocharged subarus!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I plan on doing some mods, probably do the stereo first, then possibly move on to the rims/tires and suspension stuff. I'll save the motor for last, it's fast enough for now

Our garage looks pretty cool, two silver Subbies and a black Corvette. 827HP combined
    2003 Silver WRX Wagon

I was wanting to ask what the Vette and WRX felt like apart in driving power terms but your nowhere near stock on the Vette.

Havent driven a 92 Vette auto and stock in about 15 years and the 68 Cattalina was a sweeet ride also with the oldie V8.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVette
    I plan on doing some mods, probably do the stereo first, then possibly move on to the rims/tires and suspension stuff. I'll save the motor for last, it's fast enough for now

Our garage looks pretty cool, two silver Subbies and a black Corvette. 827HP combined
    Last edited by dingobite; 05-02-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dingobite
    I was wanting to ask what the Vette and WRX felt like apart in driving power terms but your nowhere near stock on the Vette.

Havent driven a 92 Vette auto and stock in about 15 years and the 68 Cattalina was a sweeet ride also with the oldie V8.

umm right how did u get it wasnt stock ?? thats the total hp for three cars which by the way is very sexy
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Quote Originally Posted by UofAWRX
    umm right how did u get it wasnt stock ?? thats the total hp for three cars which by the way is very sexy
    Doh.

Well still to my original question aside from my dumbness im just wondering how they handle apart from each other, im still thinking i dont need or really want a Sti.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome ...

Quote Originally Posted by dingobite

No, like UofAWRX said that was the HP for all three. The Vette is basically stock, just has an aftermarket intake. I got a cat-back exhaust for it but haven't had a chance to install it yet.

Stock the Vette put down 305HP at the wheels on the dyno. I'd say the biggest difference between the Vette and WRX is the feel of the torque from that 350 in the Vette. It's a lot different in the WRX, it's got a lot of power but you just don't get the same feeling. You stomp on the Vette and the power is just instantaneous, no matter how fast your going.
    2003 Silver WRX Wagon

welcome

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVette
    No, like UofAWRX said that was the HP for all three. The Vette is basically stock, just has an aftermarket intake. I got a cat-back exhaust for it but haven't had a chance to install it yet.

Stock the Vette put down 305HP at the wheels on the dyno. I'd say the biggest difference between the Vette and WRX is the feel of the torque from that 350 in the Vette. It's a lot different in the WRX, it's got a lot of power but you just don't get the same feeling. You stomp on the Vette and the power is just instantaneous, no matter how fast your going.
    Thats nice to know im not planning any test drives till im close to purchasing so thats problably the decision maker. Ive been behind the wheel of a couple dozen differant cars and in about another 2 dozen or so since my dad was a freak of types mostly he was a crouch rocket freak though.

His favorite ride i wsh i had some picks of it 1977 Kawasaki 900cc tuned to 1130cc or so thing was a piston bomb waiting to happen with 4 feet wheelie bars stuck on the thing.
    He never blew thing though in over 12 years sad hes not around anymore though passed away.
    Last edited by dingobite; 05-02-2005 at 08:40 PM.

welcome
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast