Help Me Arange The Order I Get My Mods
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help Me Arange The Order I Get My Mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 05 Black WRX 1) Security Alarm, remote start, turbo timer 2) Tint 3) Subwoofer & Amp 4) Wheels & tires ...

Help Me Arange The Order I Get My Mods

05 Black WRX

1) Security Alarm, remote start, turbo timer
    2) Tint
    3) Subwoofer & Amp
    4) Wheels & tires (although I like the stockers)
    5) Eng mods that wont void the warranty or are easy to put back the way they were ( I want to bring out that boxer rumble) any ideas?
    6) Suspension upgrades that wont void warranty or are easy to reverse, help here to would be appreciated?
    7) clear bra - although Ive been asking tint installers around here and they dont want anything to do with it - might try to install it myself or just by some touch up paint
    8) Eng mods that will 100% void the warranty
    9) Gauges
    10) Anything I missed

You could just rearange the numers - example 7,2,4,3... ext.
    Thanks for the help
    Last edited by SuperScooby; 04-28-2005 at 10:19 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it all depends what you want out of your car..do you want a high performance monster or better looking car...thats how you should arrange ur list

did you get the alarm w/ the car or not....do not get remote start its very unsafe and many people wont install it....the turbo timer isnt really necessary for the car untill you get into the high hp #s but it doesnt hurt plus you dont have to sit there and wait for your car to cool down

if your going to go w/ a turbo upgrade its better to get it all done in one step...that way you have less down time, and you dont pay as much for install and tune...depending on what EM you go w/....also w/ the turbo upgrade dont forget all the supporting mods
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperScooby
    05 Black WRX

1) Security Alarm, remote start, turbo timer I hate alarms
    2) Tint I hate tint
    3) Subwoofer & Amp Not bad for a first mod. It makes the drive enjoyable
    4) Wheels & tires (although I like the stockers) Makes you feel good about the car, and depending on what you get, helps handling
    5) Eng mods that wont void the warranty or are easy to put back the way they were ( I want to bring out that boxer rumble) any ideas? A turbo back exhaust is great bang for the buck, and is reversable
    6) Suspension upgrades that wont void warranty or are easy to reverse, help here to would be appreciated? A nice accent for the wheels and tires. Most people don't like changing the suspension back to stock for a dealer visit, so say goodbye to your suspension warranty
    7) clear bra - although Ive been asking tint installers around here and they dont want anything to do with it - might try to install it myself or just by some touch up paint Another good first mod. Rock chips are ugly
    8) Eng mods that will 100% void the warranty Whenever you are ready to ditch that warranty, it will put a smile on your face
    9) Gauges A must before you start modifying your engine. It also never hurts to know whats going on. Good first mod
    10) Anything I missed

You could just rearange the numers - example 7,2,4,3... ext.
    Thanks for the help
    My opinion of order

Tanks for the replys! This helps a ton.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    My opinion of order
    Ditto
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I say you just by whatever you want when you can afford it. I said I was going to save up wheels and suspension, but I have found some deals on certain things and just bought taht instead.

I also vote for trainrex's order. I also suggest keeping it well rounded. ex: don't go all out on power and not do brakes or suspension.

As for power I say Turboback + uppipe then EM for starters. SS brake lines, pads, and fluid go along way. As well as sway bars and end links.

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you're in NJ my recommendation for a first mod is a fuel cut switch! Too many stolen wrx's in NJ. Trainrex doesn't need an alarm because his WRX is always locked down and he drives the pimpin Saturn! Otherwise, I think the order above is a good way to go.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Since you're in NJ my recommendation for a first mod is a fuel cut switch! Too many stolen wrx's in NJ. Trainrex doesn't need an alarm because his WRX is always locked down and he drives the pimpin Saturn! Otherwise, I think the order above is a good way to go.
    I actually parted with the Shag-n-wagon I now sport a pimpin 626 as my beater

I didn't see that you were in NJ. I would definitely add some sort of theft deterent. Fuel cut is a great idea.

Can I still get remote start with fuel cut? If not is there another good anti-theft method?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperScooby
    Can I still get remote start with fuel cut? If not is there another good anti-theft method?
    AFAIK the best types of theft deterent are fuel cut, ignition cut, shifter lock, and a ravelco system. None of those will work with a remote start.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    AFAIK the best types of theft deterent are fuel cut, ignition cut, shifter lock, and a ravelco system. None of those will work with a remote start.
    I'll stick with the AB method (angry badger). Just keep an angry badger in the car, no one wants to mess with an angry badger

Shifter lock, can this lock the shifter in the neutral position? If so I should be able to use it with remote start.

Tires and suspension mods - learn how to throw your car around before you make it any faster. I am assuming this is probably the fastest car in stock form that you have owned. If so, learn how it handles first before you go making it any faster.

Gauges are pointless if you don't have engine management.

Fuel cut is very important.

My list for you:
    Fuel cut
    Valentine 1 radar detector
    Tires
    Rear sway bar & end links
    Struts and springs
    Uppipe and downpipe (and then catback exhaust if you want to finish it off)
    Driving school lessons

Additionally, if you want to just go really fast...fine, but make sure you have some really good brakes to keep all of that power in check.
    Last edited by Trailboss; 05-02-2005 at 09:00 AM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast