Help Me Arange The Order I Get My Mods - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Help Me Arange The Order I Get My Mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you took the words out of my mouth trailboss... although I got a deal on my BOV and exhaust, your ...

you took the words out of my mouth trailboss...
    although I got a deal on my BOV and exhaust, your list is almost exactly what I plan to do.
    safety, suspension, performance, audio....in that order.
    Last edited by HKS WRX; 05-02-2005 at 08:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NY or NJ you need LoJack. I ordered the deluxe version of it $995 (got it for $895 and I'm picking up the WRX sti at 6 PM tonight, details to follow including the final option list and price paid) but they call you if the car is moved with out their FOB in it. Good even if someone loads it onto a flatbed truck.

Cheap insurance to save your ride in my book!
    There is no such thing as, "too much Horse Power"!

2005 STi CGM
    Cobb Stage 1
    K&N Typhoon Intake

I cant seem to find much info on fuel cut. How much does it cost and how does it work?
    Lojack looks good, I checked out the web site. And if it lowers insurance it will pay for itself Im thinking. Anyone else think lojack is a good idea?

Suspension/wheels/tires first, then void your warranty 100% with reversible things like Cobb's AP and a turboback. For security, get the stock alarm with a hood lock, its good enough. If someone really wants to steal your car, they will. Clear bra's are nice, I wish I had bought one, but then again real cars have battle scars

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Tires and suspension mods - learn how to throw your car around before you make it any faster. I am assuming this is probably the fastest car in stock form that you have owned. If so, learn how it handles first before you go making it any faster.

Gauges are pointless if you don't have engine management.

Fuel cut is very important.

My list for you:
    Fuel cut
    Valentine 1 radar detector
    Tires
    Rear sway bar & end links
    Struts and springs
    Uppipe and downpipe (and then catback exhaust if you want to finish it off)
    Driving school lessons

Additionally, if you want to just go really fast...fine, but make sure you have some really good brakes to keep all of that power in check.
    That radar detector is $400!, a speeding ticket might be cheaper
    For safety Im thinking an alarm (with independent mini alarm inside the car also) with a pager (If affordable, I heard you can get this one pager from crimestopers for $80 but I cant figure out how to order it?), hood lock, and the club. That should do her, lol
    Sounds like allot but I think this will be cheaper than lojack, but I will check. Dont want fuel cut because I want a remote starter, it gets cold here in the winter and I want to warm up the car so I dont damage it.
    I think all wait for my tires to ware out before I change them, good idea?
    Been doing research but havent had a chance to find out what sway bars and end links are yet, but agree on some suspension mods first - although I badly want to bring out the rumble

But my very first mods will be in this order - alarm and saftey, tint, kartboy short shifter and bushings, amp and sub. These will be done within the next 2 weeks

SuperScooby call Lee at 973-477-6717 for tint and clear bras. He is the man out there.
    Ask me how to color your fogs
    RockBlocker
    Protecting Your Investment is Our Business

Quote Originally Posted by ruacop2
    SuperScooby call Lee at 973-477-6717 for tint and clear bras. He is the man out there.
    Talked to Lee just know. Nice guy, hes gonna send me an email with some pics of subys he worked on. He also is gonna see if there is any sales at rockblocker and see if he can give me a better deal. Right now hes charging $530 for the full kit.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperScooby
    Talked to Lee just know. Nice guy, hes gonna send me an email with some pics of subys he worked on. He also is gonna see if there is any sales at rockblocker and see if he can give me a better deal. Right now hes charging $530 for the full kit.

Cool. He has done hundreds of Subies. You cant go wrong with him.
    Ask me how to color your fogs
    RockBlocker
    Protecting Your Investment is Our Business

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12