Former DSM'r now a WRX convert
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Former DSM'r now a WRX convert within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. I wanted to introduce myself. The name is Delette (pronounced De'Lette) and I reside in Myrtle Beach, SC. ...

Former DSM'r now a WRX convert

Hey guys. I wanted to introduce myself. The name is Delette (pronounced De'Lette) and I reside in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am a former DSM'r who finally got sick and tired of the blame thing breaking every time I turned my head. I had a FWD 91 Eclipse that once ran a 13.1 @ 115 MPH! but it blew the engine at the end of the track. Then bought myself an AWD that was a 90 Talon that locked the rear end one rainy evening and I proceeded to flip it three times. Well I rebuilt the FWD but the process was a pain and little things kept popping up and all. It was nickel and diming me to death. During this entire thing I have a buddy that has an 2002 WRX and has no problems with it at all besides a bad clutch when he launches (it has 40K miles on it). Another friend with the 2004 is still on stock everything minus up pipe, downpipe, suspension, and BOV and is running 13.2 with a Cobb reflash. Seeing him beat the car to death with no problems has made me a believer especially with my former love for AWD.

I used to have a Honda Accord V6 for a daily and I was looking around for the heck of it this week and guess what I found! A white 2004 WRX brand new never been titled for $21,000. Guess the dealer was itching to get it off the lot. To make a story short I bought it and I love it. Breaking it in for now but maybe by the end of the summer I can get some stuff on this car and hang with my buddy with the other 2004. I simply love the car and it is 100% better than the DSM. Yeah the DSM made mad power easily but too many times did it not make it home. So with further ado.....bye bye DSM and HELLO REX!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club. you will find a lot of useful information on this site. Enjoy the REX!!!

Welcome to ClubWRX.. NOW START MODDING IT!!!

welcome to the club....youll find everyting you need to know here
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Thanks guys. It'll get modded soon enough. First mod will be a boost gauge. Second mod will be a Cobb AccessPort. Then up-pipe, turboback exhaust, and suspension/brakes. Should be good for some low 13's.

t
    Your gonna like it, most former DSM'ers can launch this car great ( because it's easier to launch than a dsm) , so your probably the best mod so far

Quote Originally Posted by t
    Your gonna like it, most former DSM'ers can launch this car great ( because it's easier to launch than a dsm) , so your probably the best mod so far
    Haha. I think my tag will be personalized saying DSMSUK

BTW can I change this site so that the post order is from top to bottom and not bottom to top. It is aggravating to see the last post up top when reading new posts and having the first post on the last page.

Welcome! Just don't beat your transmission up too hard

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/profil...do=editoptions to edit your options. Its under the UserCP link above left.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

congrats on teh new ride. I am also a former DSM'r with 3 previous DSM's I have owned. I just sold teh DSM's due to the tranny problem thay have. At first I realy did not like my WRX but the more I drive it the more I like it.

Welcome.

<---

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Where at in MB? I used to have a beachfront in Surfside....one of the new ones after Hugo hit. I come down there every now and then. Hows' the scoobie community looking in that area?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Welcome, MB is a great spot! A bunch of us are heading down for Memorial Day weekend! It is a pretty popular destination for WV people. Have fun palying with the car!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Welcome! Enjoy the new trouble-free ride.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Welcome! Where at in MB? I used to have a beachfront in Surfside....one of the new ones after Hugo hit. I come down there every now and then. Hows' the scoobie community looking in that area?
    I actually live a few minutes away but noone knows where Green Sea, SC but that's okay....I have plenty of dirt roads....hehe The scoobie comm. is growing. The two I mentioned live there and both are almost in the 12's. There are a few STi's that I haven't met around too. Also the local college, Coastal Carolina Uni. has a decent number of WRX's in the lots from what I have seen driving by.

Heh the car threw a CEL today. P0139 O2 slow reading.......wrong forum but what the??? I got gas from a store I never been to before....think bad gas will do that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.