Former DSM'r now a WRX convert - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Former DSM'r now a WRX convert within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome - I am a former DSM'er - 92 Laser AWD - approx: 275 HP. I currently have an STI ...

Welcome - I am a former DSM'er - 92 Laser AWD - approx: 275 HP. I currently have an STI - the STI isn't broken in yet (1700 Miles) but it pulls a lot harder than the Laser.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickOne
    I actually live a few minutes away but noone knows where Green Sea, SC but that's okay....I have plenty of dirt roads....hehe The scoobie comm. is growing. The two I mentioned live there and both are almost in the 12's. There are a few STi's that I haven't met around too. Also the local college, Coastal Carolina Uni. has a decent number of WRX's in the lots from what I have seen driving by.

Heh the car threw a CEL today. P0139 O2 slow reading.......wrong forum but what the??? I got gas from a store I never been to before....think bad gas will do that?
    Green Sea is on 9 right? I think I go through there when I take the back way via Dillon sometimes. Great roads around there.

Last time I was down there the best run I had the whole weekend was with a modified F250 diesel. Pretty amazing. LOTS of rice around the area though

As for the slow O2 sensor reading CEL...shouldn't be caused by bad gas. This usually appears on cars with Turbobacks. Something to do with the ceramic filter if I remember correctly. I'd take it to the dealer and ask them to check it out. That thing is a PITA if not reading right.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 04-30-2005 at 05:56 AM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Green Sea is on 9 right? I think I go through there when I take the back way via Dillon sometimes. Great roads around there.

Last time I was down there the best run I had the whole weekend was with a modified F250 diesel. Pretty amazing. LOTS of rice around the area though

As for the slow O2 sensor reading CEL...shouldn't be caused by bad gas. This usually appears on cars with Turbobacks. Something to do with the ceramic filter if I remember correctly. I'd take it to the dealer and ask them to check it out. That thing is a PITA if not reading right.

Yeah I will. That is on Hwy 9. Next time you are this way let me know and I will get the guys together. Here is the info on the local worthy guys. We have a Lexus GS300 with a 2JZGTE tt setup. Then we have a SC300 which will soon have the 1jz or 2jz turbo setup. There is a 240 with a turbo KA setup. All three are drift cars as these guys are heavy into it. Nonetheless the cars are respectable. Then we have the Subies I told you about. There is a turbo Civic which needs tuning badly. A stock CRX which is nothing but power to weight that can rape a stock WRX. And the most amazing of them all a 3rd gen MR2. He pulled 491 WHP on the dyno and maxed the fuel pump out. He is setting up a twin fuel pump setup with new intake mani and bigger turbos and he is shooting for 600 WHP.....simply nasty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12