advice?

This is a discussion on advice? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; thanks for the warm welcome...well anywayz, i could use sum advice...being pretty new to the import scene, and such, im ...

Smile advice?

thanks for the warm welcome...well anywayz, i could use sum advice...being pretty new to the import scene, and such, im learnin as things come...im aware of wats wat, and wats happening. i just dont need u to think im sum ignorant kid thats lookin to throw on parts and doesnt kno wat the hell he's doin. not at all, if anything...im the total opposite, i need to kno that wat i am puttin on will be my money's worth! first up, id like to get the signature subie sound..so im lookin for an exhaust system w/ a downpipe. please steer me in the right direction. so far i heard HKS is pretty good w/ parts. itd be really awesome if ya can throw me tips, advice, pro's con's....itd be all swell. oh, and if any of those from jersey, area...kno of any meets where i can meet and greet. let me kno!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

def open up the exhaust 1st....up pipe down pipe and catback...for the most gain get a full 3" exhaust and get a bellmouth d/p...you have many option on this...read the stickies and do seaches
    i would also suggest some sort of engine management ex. - access port, ecutek, utec
    once again read stickies and do searches on this as well
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Check out the engine performance FAQ in the engine performance section.

yea, i plan on doin alot of research...ill def look into that

i'm guessing u have an sti by the screen name so go turboback exhaust with utec.

Also pretty much any catback exhaust for the wrx/sti will have that "signature sound"

They all sound similar, just some being louder or quieter than others.

awesome...thanks..keep the comments comin, im soakin it all in, and keepin it all in mind...and wow.

I Support ClubWRX
    If your going to go turbo-back I would suggest getting matching brand downpipe and cat back, Ive heard a lot of people having fittment problems. I have an HKS Downpipe and HKS Hi Power cat back and it fits and sounds awesome. (I also have the HKS Up Pipe)

Welcome to the club. Like it was mentioned earlier, check out the stickies and check out the STi forums. Lots of good info there.

Where in BC are you?

My head hurts little from reading your posts.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

im in Ridgefield Park.....

you dont need an uppipe for the STI, turboback exhaust and engine managment should be your first steps.
    " I'm a bad man"