k.. i cant help it

This is a discussion on k.. i cant help it within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just got the car 2 days ago its got 300 miles on it i get pissed at my self ...

k.. i cant help it

i just got the car 2 days ago its got 300 miles on it
    i get pissed at my self for buying this car
    i feel so bad because this si my first manual car
    i stall it once or twice a day i somtimes rev it above 4000 rpms i hit 6 maybe 4 times since i had it
    i have been doing alot of highway driving though and keeping it between 2-3k
    someone wanna give me some tips on changing gears ... i think i may be doing it wrong
    here is what i do

when i tak eoff in first i let the clutch out slowy but a little bit of gas like bring it to 1.5 2k rpm and start letting it out

when i change gears i press the clutch in all the way switch then slowly let out and when imletting out i start pushing on the gas
    this good?

i havnt heard an grinding when i change gears i sorta granny shift it into gears .. i liek feel for it if it slps in with ease so somtimes my foot is on the clutch longer then usually do you have to push the clutch in all the way?

sorry for such a long post

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what kind of car? WRX?

first of all dont put in first while rolling.

second it sounds like you are doing it right just practice some more.

third this probably was not the best car to learn on

good luck
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb
    what kind of car? WRX?

second it sounds like you are doing it right just practice some more.

third this probably was not the best car to learn on

good luck
    prolly wasnt but im gonan learn somehow
    will i damage teh tranny if i stall?
    or the clutch

I Support ClubWRX
    You'll get the hang of it. Learning a manual can be very frustrating. Don't worry about going over 4,000RPM either - it doesn't appear to be a big deal. It's hard to give useful tips on driving stick with a keyboard, so all I can say is...just keep driving. You'll be doing great in no time at all.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie
    prolly wasnt but im gonan learn somehow
    will i damage teh tranny if i stall?
    or the clutch
    Nah, the car will be fine.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

give yourself about a week and you'll start loving it. just dont start slamming the gears while your break in period, youll be just fine
    " I'm a bad man"

Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb

good luck
    why not? I am just curious because my car is new too. In the Z, it wouldnt let me put it in first at all if I was rolling anymore than 3mph. In the wrx, I am able to put it in first, but you say not too? Is this bad on the tranny? I have tried putting in 1st and 2nd at roll, and 2nd is probably easier on tranny, but the car just bogs and takes a long time to accelarate.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's OK to put the car in first as long as you don't force it. If you're in neutral and going slow, rev the engine then push the clutch in and slide it into 1st gear while the RPMs are still elevated. Don't fight the syncros otherwise...it will hurt them. I normally only put it into 1st gear if I'm going <5mph or starting from a dead stop; 2nd gear works fine for everything else.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    why not? I am just curious because my car is new too. In the Z, it wouldnt let me put it in first at all if I was rolling anymore than 3mph. In the wrx, I am able to put it in first, but you say not too? Is this bad on the tranny? I have tried putting in 1st and 2nd at roll, and 2nd is probably easier on tranny, but the car just bogs and takes a long time to accelarate.
    Wow most of use cant get our cars into first when it is rolling unless its like really slow. I think what dude was getting at is that you shouldnt ram your tranny into first from a slow roll just put it in second and feather the clutch. I wouldnt worry about this shiot now, get the basics down first.

^^^^^yea what he said^^^^