New Member ;D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Member ;D within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! I don't have a WRX .. yet. I currently have a ' 98 Civic Hatch (which I've had ...

New Member ;D

Hey everyone! I don't have a WRX .. yet. I currently have a '98 Civic Hatch (which I've had since I was 17 and well i'm going on 24). There's nothing wrong with the hatch. She still works and looks good as new (probably even better )

I'm planning to buy a new car (within the next year or so, depending on where life takes me) and I've been debating on which car to buy and well, I'm leaning towards the WRX Wagon. My other choice was a 350z Roadster. I decided I wanted a car with more room , 4 doors, and still have a sense of style and performance, so that's why I'm leaning towards the wagon. I'm still keeping the hatchie though!

So we'll see what I decide on. ;D Just wanted to say hello!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

I seriously looked at a Z prior to getting the WRX. There is little room in the hatch to the point of not being practical. Inside there is a little pictogram showing you how to stow two golf bags. Thatís bad Ö Nissan thinks you need directions for golf bags! Itís very shallow back there.

The rearward visibility is also poor. Get the WRX ... I'm a little biased.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX

Get the WRX ... I'm a little biased.
    +1
    " I'm a bad man"

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Can't go wrong with the wagon,same great engine and a little haulin room.Make sure you get the manual tranny.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Thanks for the welcome!

And yeah, the extra room would be for my 2 dogs. Hehe!

both cars are in different price ranges, but the 350z is not a very practical car if u need trunk space. I assume that if u can afford a new 350z roadster then u have roughly $35k to spend. If that is the case, I would look into a G35, IS300 sedan/wagon, Legacy GT, Forester XT, or Toyota Avalon (lots of leg room and trunk space) for a combination of practicality, comfort, and performance.

If you're more performance oriented, a VW R32 would be nice because it's a hatchback. STi and Evo are good choices as well, but have small trunk area space.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    both cars are in different price ranges, but the 350z is not a very practical car if u need trunk space. I assume that if u can afford a new 350z roadster then u have roughly $35k to spend. If that is the case, I would look into a G35, IS300 sedan/wagon, Legacy GT, Forester XT, or Toyota Avalon (lots of leg room and trunk space) for a combination of practicality, comfort, and performance.

If you're more performance oriented, a VW R32 would be nice because it's a hatchback. STi and Evo are good choices as well, but have small trunk area space.
    if he's got $35k to spend why not get an STi??
    ~Dayton, OH~
    2005 WRX-STi
    Platinum Silver Metallic

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club !!

WRX or STi... which ever. Both are good cars
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I have taken the price into consideration that's one of the reasons I'm leaning towards the wagon. Like I said in a previous posts, my car choice depends on where life takes me in the near future (house purchase, marriage, new job, etc.)

I was checking out the R32 before, but once again small trunk space and I don't want a small trunk anymore.

Thanks for your input. It's nice to see other people's oppinion (sometimes..haha jk..).

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Apes

I was checking out the R32 before, but once again small trunk space and I don't want a small trunk anymore.

i's actually pretty big for its size. You can fold down the back seats, creates a larger surface area

Welcome to the club!!

Looks like the wagon would be a great fit for you.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

the new guy

wats up guys??? Im kinda new to this, but im about to buy a new car... it'll be either a STI, EVO, or a Z. Im leaning toward the STI what would you guys suggest in the price range 28,000 to 31,000$ ?

i's actually pretty big for its size. You can fold down the back seats, creates a larger surface area

what if I have passengers/dogs in the back seat?

And I kind of don't want a 2 door car anymore as well. Just cause it's easier to get my dogs in and out of the car if it's a 4 door.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Welcome to the club!!

Looks like the wagon would be a great fit for you.
    Thanks

After 8 years I ugraded from a 97 civic to a 02 WRX sedan. Seats and trunk both equal in size. Best thing about the WRX is you still have pleanty of room and all the fun of a sports car. I looked at everything else and each time you had to make a sacrifice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast