Hey guys

This is a discussion on Hey guys within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all.. just like to introduce myself. Im not a WRX owner... yet! I currently drive a 3rd Gen Tib ...

Hey guys

Hey all.. just like to introduce myself. Im not a WRX owner... yet! I currently drive a 3rd Gen Tib with some light mods... though lately I am getting the overwhelming urge to just give up on the horrendously expensive process of making a tib fast and look into a nice shiny WRX. Hoping to get one in the next year or so, when my Insurance rates will be dropping (turning 25, getting married too!) and Ill have a bit of extra cash around especially with the new job I should be getting over the next few weeks within my company.

I like my tib but the tranny doesnt exactly feel very strong, and being the only guy running high 14's low 15's at the track gets kinda old after a while :P Dunno.. when I drive it I can't help but wonder when its gonna crap out on me.. I guess alot of it is mental and whatnot but I have another friend with similar level of mods (vented cf hood, pulley ,intake) and hes kinda at the same position im in. RIPP has a Vortech Kit out putting about 290whp down but the cost of the kit is tons of cash and a risk with the questionable (especially long term) durability of the delta block without a bunch of engine work, and Id feel alot more secure driving a make of car that Ive seen my share of 200k+ odo readings from yaknow?

Ill probably be lurking alot... hopefully Ill have my just-drove-home-my-rex post eventually

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the boards and here's wishing a quick time span until you get your WRX!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!!! No need to lurk, join in some conversations.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club !!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Welcome, but don't think that when you get married that you will have MORE money!!
    (Yes, I am married!)
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Welcome!!! No need to lurk, join in some conversations.
    +1
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Yes believe me, i know that having that 'significant' other is a 'significant' drain on the bank account! I merely mean that my insurance will get cheaper as a result ;p going from <25 and single to 25 and married.. should make hte WRX alot easier to get into. Up for a new position at work (sadly Ill miss my job where I sit around and read clubwrx alone in a building for 8 hours a night/play xbox/play gameboy/read books/work on mods with the soldering iron on my desk ;p)

My one big thing i seem to notice is that the tiburons were notoriously bad as far as clutch, but reading your 'transmission warranty thread' oh man that makes the tibs feel like rock solid in comparison.Alot of people had very early cluthc wear (like rediculously so) but I dont remember seeing too many blown trannies either, yikes. Guess that has alot more with having to baby the tib on the launch due to tremendous amts of wheelhop and good down-low so you dont need to launch the thing at 5 grand.. DUnno

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    Welcome, but don't think that when you get married that you will have MORE money!!
    (Yes, I am married!)

welcome to the board, were a friendly group of people. Not like some forums where if you dont own that are they wanna push you out.

and about the tranny, it has a lot to do with how people drive it also. Some peoples seem to break to easy and others seem to last for whatever reason. Some people are on a bigger turbo with tranny doing fine, and some just break stock. But dont worry 05 tranny has better 1st and 2nd gear synchros. Havent seen too many problems with 04 or 05 wrx trannies. Seems to mostly be the 02 or 03. Even with an 03 i had over 150 time slips and my tranny didnt break.

Quote Originally Posted by Yablargo
    Hey all.. just like to introduce myself. Im not a WRX owner... yet! I currently drive a 3rd Gen Tib with some light mods... though lately I am getting the overwhelming urge to just give up on the horrendously expensive process of making a tib fast and look into a nice shiny WRX. Hoping to get one in the next year or so, when my Insurance rates will be dropping (turning 25, getting married too!) and Ill have a bit of extra cash around especially with the new job I should be getting over the next few weeks within my company.

I like my tib but the tranny doesnt exactly feel very strong, and being the only guy running high 14's low 15's at the track gets kinda old after a while :P Dunno.. when I drive it I can't help but wonder when its gonna crap out on me.. I guess alot of it is mental and whatnot but I have another friend with similar level of mods (vented cf hood, pulley ,intake) and hes kinda at the same position im in. RIPP has a Vortech Kit out putting about 290whp down but the cost of the kit is tons of cash and a risk with the questionable (especially long term) durability of the delta block without a bunch of engine work, and Id feel alot more secure driving a make of car that Ive seen my share of 200k+ odo readings from yaknow?

Ill probably be lurking alot... hopefully Ill have my just-drove-home-my-rex post eventually
    welcome aboard. If you are going to lurk, please lurk in the shadows of WRX land.

before you know it you will be driving a wrx
    " I'm a bad man"