just purchased a 05 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on just purchased a 05 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i everyone! I just purchased a 2005 wrblue wrx. So far I love it, boguht it yesterday with 5 miles ...

just purchased a 05 wrx

i everyone! I just purchased a 2005 wrblue wrx. So far I love it, boguht it yesterday with 5 miles and only been able to drive 100 miles so far. I previously had a 2003 Nissan 350z track model and I am missing it, but I am not missing all the problems I had with it. After my experience with Nissan and the Z I dont think I will buy another nissan. I really would have liked the Sti, but it was really out of my price range. I only had to put in $2k in the end for the wrx whcih is really all I could afford. Main reason I went with the wrx was because I obviously like it, but it was in price range and also, Subaru seems to be reliable now, according to consumerreports as well as personal statements from people I know. (one thing, what is it that people say about the wrx transmissions?)

well here is a quick snap I took today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome, and the problem with the tranny isnt as much of the car as it is the person who drives it.

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by METALLICWRX
    welcome, and the problem with the tranny isnt as much of the car as it is the person who drives it.
    +1
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Hello & welcome to the club.Hope you enjoy your new wrx as much as I enjoy mine

thanks for the welcome everyone. I guess I shouldnt worry about the tranny then, I figured those people that had problems were probably abusing it and constantly launching it or putting down some serious power.

now for my first mod..... haha

Havent had it for 3 days and I already have a long list of things to do and not sure which one to do first. (well, besides tint and alarm, but those dotn count as mods)

I was reading on the silencer delete, but I think i'll end up buying the elbow to be on the safe side, along with the k and N filter. After that, probably do kartboy short shifter and bushings. then who knows... (springs, wheels, TBE, etc....)

Uh Oh! The mods list is starting! It will keep you up at night!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    Uh Oh! The mods list is starting! It will keep you up at night!!

HAHA!! tell me about it! I was up like 3 hours last night just looking around, and I dont even have money to purchase anything yet!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.