Going to be an owner come July! (New Member)

This is a discussion on Going to be an owner come July! (New Member) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice forums here, I've been following numerous posts for like the last two to three weeks and decided to join ...

Going to be an owner come July! (New Member)

Nice forums here, I've been following numerous posts for like the last two to three weeks and decided to join because I for sure want a WRX or an STi sometime in the future (most likely end of June, early July, depending on the cash I have).

Here's the thing, if I put $17k down, I think monthly payments could be very, very affordable for an STi and almost non-existent for a WRX, especially since the new '06s are coming right around the corner in Sept..

Argh?! Which one, I can't decide! It's either a) WRX and not worry about payments or b) STi and worry about payments for both insurance and car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Club!

Do you see yourself as a guy who will modify the WRX, if you buy it? My opinion is that if the answer is "yes", you should go ahead and pay the extra for the STi. It will immediately deliver a level of performance that would cost you dearly to achieve with the WRX. (I'm talking the whole package, here, not just straightline acceleration)

If you just want a fun car that you can enjoy, and have prudent financial reasons for opting for the lower payment, then by all means get the WRX. It's a great car for the money.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

If you can comfortably afford it, go for the STi.

Do you see yourself as a guy who will modify the WRX, if you buy it? My opinion is that if the answer is "yes", you should go ahead and pay the extra for the STi.
    If you can comfortably afford it, go for the STi.
    Agreed. I love my WRX, but if I could afford that extra $100/month or so I would have bought the STi in a heartbeat. That's a very nice down payment you have there, BTW!

Also, if you ask 10 people, you'll get 11 different answers, but I was at the Subaru dealership yesterday and the sales manager said they are expecting the 06 WRXs in June 2005. (FWIW)
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Evo IX: 475whp

Both DYNOFLASH

Oh wow, sweet, maybe I'll be looking for 06 WRXs/STis instead!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bernardo
    but I was at the Subaru dealership yesterday and the sales manager said they are expecting the 06 WRXs in June 2005. (FWIW)
    Hadn't heard that, thanks for the update!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

If you can test drive both, do. The STi will blow you mind!! Decision made!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Well, I don't think there's any doubt in my mind that I'll get an STi if I can shake off the payments like dirt off my shoulders. While the payments might not be that bad with such a nice down payment, I don't think the insurance will be too friendly. I only work part time so it's not like it'll be 15-25% of my pay check. An STi will likely be closer to the 50% range or more. I guess I can always forego breakfast and lunch and just have ramen for dinner and sell all my belongings.