New member checking in... will be a new owner as of tomorrow morning - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on New member checking in... will be a new owner as of tomorrow morning within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have about 170 i already picked up a k&n filter and the intake elbow thing both form jscspeed since ...

I have about 170 i already picked up a k&n filter and the intake elbow thing both form jscspeed since they are so close (great guys by the way) so yeah now i am looking into exhausts... what mods do u have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just have an axleback on now. I have a job change coming up and there is a good chance of relocation so I am being responsible and not spending any unnecessary money.

I am planning on doing suspension and a turbo kit at some point.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

very cool i am kinda startinf with what the car needs for right now so i know when i beet on it i will not break it

You should definitey keep the car stock for a bit and get a feel for it. Take it to some auto-x events and throw it around. You will get an idea of where it needs improvements.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by S4toSTI
    Thanks everyone yeah i picked it up and all i have to say is wow . I will try to take pictures later if i can get my hands off the wheel and the shifter ! This car is amazing it is so fast. I thought my s4 was fast but this car is WOW. The only question i have was the dealer told me not to put it in dccd manual on dry roads because it could toast the diff i find this alittle outlandish is there any truth to their statement any help would be greatly appreciated.

dont put the dccd in any of the manual modes if you are in a parking lot or making very slow turns (5mph or under lets say). It makes noises and everything starts clunking around like its about to break and it will scare the sh!t out of you. Than i read up on it and called dealer and they said it was normal. (it even mentions it in manual). I would just keep it on auto for daily driving and of course mess around with it for drag racing or road racing. Dont worry about all the noises sti lsd makes. Its all normal.

And of course congrats on the car!!! im sorta shocked you think its faster than a s4. I thought s4's would be quicker off a roll. Its probably the boost put you back in your seat making you think its faster or maybe i'm just wrong haha. Congrats again.

Its just the s4 is a heavy car 4000 pounds is alot the sti at 3300 is has a far advantage. you would think the s4 would have alot more torque with the v8 but its only 302 sure it peaks at 2500 but where on a track are u gonna be below 3500 where the torque in the sti peaks at and for a staight line race from a roll u are never going to be at 3500 either so i think stock vs stock a sti would destory a s4 on a track and in a drag race it would be a driver race from a dig and a sti pulling on a roll.

sti has 1k of basically worthless rpm after you get some mods. all your torque is down there. People sometimes have real nice times shifting at 6k which puts you back into nice torque range.

welcome

i don't know i am going to run my friend form my s4 forum soon we will do some video action will be sure to post that for u guys

Yes, post those races, that would be nice!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Will the s4 be FI or NA?
    -Brian

no problemo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.