New member checking in... will be a new owner as of tomorrow morning - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member checking in... will be a new owner as of tomorrow morning within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi Good choice. The STi will not give you anywhere near the headaches an S4 is capable ...

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Good choice. The STi will not give you anywhere near the headaches an S4 is capable of. White with Gold rims is definately the best combo (if you got the gold rims). I just sold my STi but it was a blast to drive, and it is very easy to make extra power with.

+ 1 on the White STi with gold wheels. Thats what I want !!

Welcome to the club...and enjoy!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks everyone yeah i picked it up and all i have to say is wow . I will try to take pictures later if i can get my hands off the wheel and the shifter ! This car is amazing it is so fast. I thought my s4 was fast but this car is WOW. The only question i have was the dealer told me not to put it in dccd manual on dry roads because it could toast the diff i find this alittle outlandish is there any truth to their statement any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy00
    Sweet S4....i'm in the havertown area (about 15mins MAX from kop), so if you ever wanna meet up or what have you, let me know.

Rishi
    If you are modded where have u gotten yours stuff from i know there is jscspeed arround us if u are i would love to see ur car in action.

The DCCD will work in any conditions. The people with STi's at our local auto-x all put them max to rear during their runs to get less push on the front end. These runs are all done on dry pavement. Now, you may want to wait until break in period is over to really see what it does, but go and have fun with that beautiful car!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Thanks alot but that is how i got into problems with my s4 that is why i was checking yeah i am not a big fan of the idea of break-in alot of my mechanic friends have always told me if u baby the car it will never break-in proper but i don't wanna open up a can of worms on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    The DCCD will work in any conditions. The people with STi's at our local auto-x all put them max to rear during their runs to get less push on the front end. These runs are all done on dry pavement. Now, you may want to wait until break in period is over to really see what it does, but go and have fun with that beautiful car!!
    hmm... i've turned it on in dry pavement before, and i'm only at 350mi. maybe i should just leave it on auto from now on, until 1000mi? of course i've been running it at lower rpms, nothing over 4k.

*worries*
    ~Dayton, OH~
    2005 WRX-STi
    Platinum Silver Metallic

well i am surely not staying under 4k during "break in"

Sorry, I was not trying to start anything bad. I know that you will really will not feel any big difference unless you are driving the car hard, and you cannot really do that until after break in. I am sure that just turning it on or off will not harm anything, it will work any time. I would, however, follow proper manufacturer recommended break in times, that are listed in your owners' manual. It cannot hurt anything, and could make it last longer, so why not? It is a nice car, we all want to treat them so!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

oh i agree but under 4k thats crazy

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by S4toSTI
    oh i agree but under 4k thats crazy
    Then why do the Subaru engineers recommend it?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

all makes and models recommend it when my dad bought his porsche the dealer told him to wait 200 miles then dirve it like he stole it even tho in the manual it said 1k. the service tech who told us had actually trained in stutgart germany at porsche and said the techs over there told him thats what they did to their car and never any problems. all i am saying is u should not beat ur car but u should also not baby it. just what i have learned form past expiernces tho. and to clarify i bought my own sti just so u guys don't think my rich dad did just to get out the misconceptions now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the "upgrade"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

A few comments and offerings.
    Break in: It runs the spectrum here, with some under the "run it like you stole it" crowd, and others with the "follow the manual" route. I kind of stayed mostly to the manual, with a few excursions past 4k, but never redlined it 'till 1000 miles. So far it burns minimal oil and seems to exhibit extraordinary power. I think if you don't get stupid with it, break in procedure shouldn't be an issue with an STi.

Upgrades: If you are planning on modding, there is a shop about 45 min - 1 hour from KOP, south on 202 to 1 south, called Xoticmotorports. One of the tuners there owns an STi and has a lot of experience with them. Talk to Andy (he only works there part time) and he can point you in any direction you choose for mods. He also tunes Utec, if you head that way. They are also extremely cheap for AWD dyno pulls @ 60/3 pulls and will email the files to you.

We have a medium sized club in the SE PA/NE MD area that has a number of "tuner" cars in it, including a good representation of subarus. We post here when we attend meets so watch in the regional forums and maybe we'll all get together one day.

Our club is also associated with what looks to be the largest NE show this year in Newark DE. Details will be coming out soon and I promise, everyone will be impressed with the scope of it. The whole city is involved along with the Governer of MD, and it should be one incredible weekend.

Again though, congrats on your purchase!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    I went by the manual. I have a very quick car that burns very little oil. I personally would put more stock in what a factory engineer recommends, as opposed to what "the dudes down at the dealership" say.

But that's me, and many have had good success with the "drive it into the ground from day 1" method, so you're probably good either way...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

honestly i think either way with time will show the same result

How many miles do you have on it now?

Do you have mod plans?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast