All-Season Tires

This is a discussion on All-Season Tires within the New England States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; What's a good 16" All-Season Tire for the New England Area?? Are the stocks good enough?...

All-Season Tires

What's a good 16" All-Season Tire for the New England Area?? Are the stocks good enough?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hard to say, i'm on z rated dunlops. they did great last winter in and around the city, so i'm going to stick with speed rated tires from now on.

dR

Depends on your driving style. If your an agressive driver, you definitely want to get rid of the stockers. If your not, then the stock tires will be fine for you. A lot of people badmouth the RE-92's (myself included), but they are actually a decent all-season tire when you don't push the limits.

If you are looking for better tires, there are a few. I've used Dunlop SP5000's and they were awesome. Good wet and dry grip and very predictable when they are about to give.

I've also heard great things about Pirelli P7000's. There are 2 types, just make sure you get the summer ones. I believe they are the P7000 SS's.

Bridgestone also has a set of Potenza's. I can't think of the model number right now, I trhink they are RE-040's or something like that.

Michelin just came out with a new tire, Pilot SPort A/S's. They're supposed to be an all-season tire that performs like a summer tire. But, they are extremely expensive. ABout $200/tire.

These are just a few. You should check the TireRack and read some of the reviews that people write. That'll give you more of an idea of which ones to get.
    -Pete

Loud Ass Grocery Gettin' Wagon!!!

Ive got Nitto NT-450 225/50/16"s..all season, M+S rated..double the treadwear of the stockers, handle much, much better as well..
    87.00 each shipped from Discount tire..

just my 2 cents..
    '02 silver WRX wagon
    225/50/16 Nitto's
    35% tint
    K&N drop in
    Boost Monkey
    intake silencer hack
    3/16 connector mod
    grounding mod

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Tires ??

Michelin Pilot M+S tires
    with way too many XGT's in between

i haven't had much of a problem with the re92's. the exception being one scary episode of understeer when the car was 2 weeks new.
    cant wait to save the $$ for some z-rated 17" tires/rims though.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    You may also wanna check into the Pirelli P7000 Supersport tires
    (High Performance All Season)

I had those on my 18's all winter long ....no problem
    used them on the "48 Hours" of the Tri-state run
    Pine Barrens(Sand , Mud)... Up-state NY Buffallo (Snow / Ice)

Andy

Well If you can get the money the best thing to do is buy summer and winter tires.

The all seasons are great if you run them as a winter tire and not for both. Last year I was lucky not to wreak my car. The worn RE92's and snow dont mix. Even at 10mph your going to fast.

I have the Pirelli P7000 and they are awesome, low road noise and great grip.

Quote Originally Posted by redobs View Post
    Depends on your driving style. If your an agressive driver, you definitely want to get rid of the stockers. If your not, then the stock tires will be fine for you. A lot of people badmouth the RE-92's (myself included), but they are actually a decent all season tires when you don't push the limits.

If you are looking for better tires, there are a few. I've used Dunlop SP5000's and they were awesome. Good wet and dry grip and very predictable when they are about to give.

I've also heard great things about Pirelli P7000's. There are 2 types, just make sure you get the summer ones. I believe they are the P7000 SS's.

Bridgestone also has a set of Potenza's. I can't think of the model number right now, I trhink they are RE-040's or something like that.

Michelin just came out with a new tire, Pilot SPort A/S's. They're supposed to be an all-season tire that performs like a summer tire. But, they are extremely expensive. ABout $200/tire.

These are just a few. You should check the TireRack and read some of the reviews that people write. That'll give you more of an idea of which ones to get.