Can youhelp a girl out?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can youhelp a girl out? within the New England States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey ... I'm all alone in the Subaru world. Lil' about me... My boyfriend just moved from NY to Las ...

Registered User Just an RS Girl's Avatar

Wink Can youhelp a girl out?

Hey ...
    I'm all alone in the Subaru world.

Lil' about me... My boyfriend just moved from NY to Las Vegas and he was the only one I could talk to about cars... He drove a stang... But now he's gone and plus he knew nothing about a subaru anyways. So anyway now I'm left here all alone with a great car and no one to talk to about it. My girlfriend think I'm crazy but I love cars and want to learn whatever I can.. SO.... if some of you can teach me the important things I should know i'd be very happy

thanks Chel......
    CHEL...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I suppose that you are in the NY area, well, you can check out SQC (Subaru Queens Crew), check out the regional forum for the Mid-Atlantic States. I am in central NJ and will be looking forward to going to and planning quite a few outtings come spring.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

welcome to the club. you may find that your problem is that you will get too much attention here... that tends to happen when a new girl hops on the boards.
    but you have found a great place to hang out and learn about your car. there is a ton of information on the forums... you can just click the search button and get the answers to your questions. if you dont find it there, start a new post and ask it there...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey Chel, I hoped you might wander onto here! Drop me a private message!

(PS it's steve ;-) )
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Welcome to the club Chel...

There should be more than enough info on this site to keep you busy for while....once the spring time rolls around there should be a good number of meets going on in the area. There will be plenty of suby people to chill with.

The first thing I would suggest is checking out the stickys in Engine Performance .
    Last edited by WRC_Obsessed; 02-11-2003 at 12:51 PM.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

i was trying to figure out this private message thing but i can't.

Steve used to post on a website just like this with his mustang so I knew a lil' about it before. But i'll figure it out some day. I tried to put a pic on last week it turned out to be huge. Anyway..

How'd you know it was me?
    DUH...

I'm going to get the car this Sat I hope...

I got the eye lid's for the car now i have to get em painted

I want rim's but i dont wanna spend a lot of $$ for 'em ya know.

The car is black so i want the black rims with the silver lip. i think that's how you describe it.

i'm gonna be nervous about drivin it. I've had my mazda for 7 years so i know its in's and out's . I don't even have to look when i park the thing. Im nervous.

bye.............
    CHEL...

Welcome to the club!

I'm 23 and...
    Just kidding!

Yeah, I've seen some stuff in off topic! A girl wanders on, and all the guys go nuts! Can't blame em really, that's how guys are! (especially when you're into anime!)

Obviously, the boards are a easy place to talk about these cars!

As for being nervous! Don't be! The WRX is a fun and easy car to bond with. I went from driving a FWD 2dr Ford ZX2, to a WRX. Never had a car like this at my hands. Took a month to get used to the differences in handling, parking and all that. Parallel parking is still the only thing I don't do well with the WRX (always perfect with the ZX2)!

As for rims... Depends on what you want! All different kinds. Best best is to look in Suspension & Handling or possibly the exterior area...

Good luck with your WRX, and post up some pictures of it when you can!

~ Dan (Zapix)
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

Ok I resisted the urge long enough.. post pictures of you with the car ..

There its out of my system now..

So anyway like you've been told this is a great place for info and you'll always find someone to help you answer your questions.

enjoy the car.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Talking Woopse!

BTW.... it's a RS if i didnt mention that before I'm aiming for a WRX next year... and it's a automatic. Family thought i would kill myself with a manual at first. They know me to well.
    So it's like training wheels. Plus it's my first new car.
    As for pic's I will try to upload one but it's sideways and in a corvette. Sry
    I will get pic's of the subie next week.

but for now here's me. :P

ps. how do you get a pic on the side like the elephant picture?
    CHEL...

oopse again

that didn't work.
    ill try again . and correction im in the stang.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dcp_0929.jpg  
    CHEL...

well you have plenty of time to research your rex
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

ps. how do you get a pic on the side like the elephant picture?
    Click the user cp box on the top right of the window right under the banner, then click the edit options tab, and on the bottom there are settings for an avatar... just select a picture from your harddrive and boom it's there.

PS. Cute pic although I got a stiff neck tryin to see it right ways up....

PPS.. please noone add a rude comment about the stiff neck... I can just feel them coming, or maybe I just work w/ people that have the minds of 12 yr old boys.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Cool ha

what boy doesnt have the mind of a 12 year old....

im kidding....

Anyway.. I tried to fix the pic and posted it again. don't know if you saw it.

Pray for me I think I am picking up the car on Saturday. WOOOOO HOOOOO
    CHEL...

you are picking up a rex? i thought you were going to wait a year...
    -Brian

no no sillyyyyyyy

i am picking up the RS on saturday............

I had to park it up in the catskills cause i have no parking at home. but i am getting rid of my mazda on friday.... aww i have to say gbye on vday. how sad. and I will be all alone. Gee even sader.....

well at least I'll have my new car Saturday... I'll pretend saturday is Vday... I'' pretend my new car is my new man... LOL

CHEL...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast