??? New England "clubWRX.net" Meet ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ??? New England "clubWRX.net" Meet ??? within the New England States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Ok, I've been a member on this site for over 3 years now and met a lot of great people... ...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Question ??? New England "clubWRX.net" Meet ???

Ok, I've been a member on this site for over 3 years now and met a lot of great people... But I think it would be really cool to organize a big-ass meet for New England members to actually meet each other in person.

I'm talking everyone from all of the NE states and even surrounding states if people are up for the drive... I think south central NY would be a good spot for everyone. We could reserve a state park, do up a BBQ, and get a sick group photo and all that. What does everyone else think? I'm thinking September could be a good month and that would give us plenty of time to plan/ take the day off of work, etc.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Question

Anyone???
    PICS & MODS

New York isn't exactly central to New England.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    New York isn't exactly central to New England.

Really? Looks like it is too me...?

If you have any suggestions, please, feel free to share them... I'd really like to get something going here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.GIF  
    PICS & MODS

New England is Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Mass, Rhode Island and reluctantly Connecticut.

I think Mass would be a more ideal location.

Wicked Big Meet...
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSubaab
    "Dude, I don't know you, and I don't mean this in a personal way, but I want to kick you in the nuts."
    -If your going to quote someone, quote yourself.

I meant that NY state would be a good central place to NE members and surrounding states to meet...

I was looking to get a meet together for CLUBWRX.NET members to have a big meet, not just Subaru owners. Besides, from what I've heard, the Wicked Big Meet wasn't that great anyway, just like NASIOC but live...

You know what, forget it, fcuk the whole idea... lets just keep it limited to the online forum.
    PICS & MODS

Registered User BoostEqualsLife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    You know what, forget it, fcuk the whole idea... lets just keep it limited to the online forum.
    you give up way too easily. just cause somone says something that doesnt work with you right away, you're just saying 'eh, **** it'. you gotta keep up if you actually wanna see something come to fruition.

anyway.. wicked big meet was sick. regardless of what 'forum' it was like, it was sick. dont go from what you've heard, go check it out next year, and you'll see for yourself.

I think it would be really cool to organize a big-ass meet for New England members to actually meet each other in person.

I'm talking everyone from all of the NE states and even surrounding states if people are up for the drive...
    I meant that NY state would be a good central place to NE members and surrounding states to meet...
    Well, MA would be a central place for NE owners to meet, which is what you originally wanted, with MAYBE surrounding states if they were up to the drive, which means, if they are up for driving to a central location for NE owners, they could come.... so, making a place thats central to everyone, kinda screws the NE owners that this meet would be intended for.. making them go .. if they were up to the drive. If you want it central, make it in kansas.. its central to North America. Make up your mind.

I was looking to get a meet together for CLUBWRX.NET members to have a big meet, not just Subaru owners.
    did anyone say otherwise? your fighting something that never came up.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR
    198awhp, 226awtq @ 11.9psi: Boost Leak, JNA Catback, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    2002 Subaru WRX SOLD.
    269awhp, 250awtq @ 16.8psi: `05 VF39 Turbo, STi 565cc Injectors, Walbro FP, Accessport, Invidia Uppipe, HKS Downpipe, Borla Hush Catback, AEM CAI, 17" Rota Tarmac IIs, H&R Springs, Kartboy SS, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    NewEngland F4 // Granite State Subarus

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BoostEqualsLife
    you give up way too easily. just cause somone says something that doesnt work with you right away, you're just saying 'eh, **** it'. you gotta keep up if you actually wanna see something come to fruition.
    No, really it's no big deal. I have a lot of other stuff to do and other meets to organize. I could really care less...

anyway.. wicked big meet was sick. regardless of what 'forum' it was like, it was sick. dont go from what you've heard, go check it out next year, and you'll see for yourself.

...did anyone say otherwise? your fighting something that never came up.
    I'm sure the WBM was great, but lets not kid ourselves, it was a Subaru meet, not a forum members meet. That is what I meant, I am not fighting anything that anyone said, I just wanted to organize a non-vehicle specific meet for people on the site to meet each other.

Well, MA would be a central place for NE owners to meet, which is what you originally wanted, with MAYBE surrounding states if they were up to the drive, which means, if they are up for driving to a central location for NE owners, they could come.... so, making a place thats central to everyone, kinda screws the NE owners that this meet would be intended for.. making them go .. if they were up to the drive. If you want it central, make it in kansas.. its central to North America. Make up your mind.
    Wow, you need to lighten up with the sarcasm, noob. My mind is made up...
    PICS & MODS

No, really it's no big deal. I have a lot of other stuff to do and other meets to organize. I could really care less...
    Wow, you need to lighten up with the sarcasm, noob. My mind is made up...

This is why I only check this forum like once a month now... The egos are getting to be as bad as nastysock....
    New England F4
    '06 WRB WRX - TR

Quote Originally Posted by seph
    This is why I only check this forum like once a month now... The egos are getting to be as bad as nastysock....

+1

PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    and reluctantly Connecticut.

That isn't right!
    Drive, monkey, drive!

New England F4

Aw come on guys, this place isnt as bad as NAZIoc. People do get tempers but we are a lot nicer here.

Meets are always a great idea, especially for locals. We should have a meet.

New York, PA, and NJ aren't in New England (im from NY lol), so that's where the confusion started.

If you want to have a Northeast meet then NY would be central to everyone (sure Pittsburgh and Maine would have a long drive).

Southpaw, if you can find some people to make a committee and determine some possible dates and locations I think we can all make this work. I would think August or September would be easiest since that would give you more time. If you want to invite your Corvette friends that would be great too.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

ill go. we can just meet up at starbucks and do 40 rolls the whole way there
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

hmm from that map.. looks like Poughkeepsie NY is almost deadnuts central for NE... how bout this..????? What better place for a WRX meet but A RACETRACK... Lime Rock Park is right there in the middle.. the far NW corner of Ct. For those that haven't been there before, LR is BEAUTIFUL.... really a park with a racetrack, in it's own natrual ampitheather... surounded by the Litchfield hills and tha Appalatian Trail..

of course, I MAY be a lil biased since I work and race there...
    check out limerock.com 2 more weekends 21-22 is ferrari racing days there... always fun to watch people with more money than driving ability crash into each other in Challenge cars... and the historic Ferraris are about as sweet as it can get.....

ohhh and remember that is FRI and SAt..... NO racing at Lime Rock on Sundays ever...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast