Join New England F4 / Official Chat! - Page 33
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 569

This is a discussion on Join New England F4 / Official Chat! within the New England States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; whats up guys my names curtis.i live in east providence ri.i dont drive a subaru yet..i drive a dodge ram..need ...

  1. #481
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    eprov rhode island
    Posts
    200
    whats up guys my names curtis.i live in east providence ri.i dont drive a subaru yet..i drive a dodge ram..need it to tow the boat..im buying a 04 sti in sept. ive been a subaru tech for the past 8 years..feal free to pick my brain for any information you may need

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #482
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by subarutech View Post
    whats up guys my names curtis.i live in east providence ri.i dont drive a subaru yet..i drive a dodge ram..need it to tow the boat..im buying a 04 sti in sept. ive been a subaru tech for the past 8 years..feal free to pick my brain for any information you may need
    Welcome aboard! Ill PM you about my squeaking issue, its driving me crazy.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  4. #483
    Registered User bbpuppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chester, NH
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by subarutech View Post
    whats up guys my names curtis.i live in east providence ri.i dont drive a subaru yet..i drive a dodge ram..need it to tow the boat..im buying a 04 sti in sept. ive been a subaru tech for the past 8 years..feal free to pick my brain for any information you may need
    Welcome to the club, man! I've got a question for you and anyone else out there who might know the answer. Is it just me or do the brakes on our cars experience a TON of fade when it's raining? Since day one I will be driving on the highway (while it's raining) and every time I have to hit the brakes my foot feels like it's going to the floor for the first 1/4-1/2 second. I have since done a brake job (stainless lines, DOT4, Hawk pads) and it still happens. I have just learned to live with it.
    Russ - 2005 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stage 2 and TDC Protuned
    New EnglandF4 - Blobeye Syndicate #50
    Pics
    Mods in Profile

  5. #484
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by bbpuppet View Post
    Is it just me or do the brakes on our cars experience a TON of fade when it's raining?
    Braking distance has more to do with tires than pads. Wet conditions will always extend your stopping distance. So it feels like you need to push in more. Are you running AS or Summer tires?

    I also think it has to do with other drivers. When it rains out people drive like idiots and they slam the brakes more so your total stopping distance decreases b/c other people get scared.

    After driving on NHIS for a hpde and experiencing true Hawk HPS fading, normal driving/braking is a breeze lol.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  6. #485
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    eprov rhode island
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by bbpuppet View Post
    Welcome to the club, man! I've got a question for you and anyone else out there who might know the answer. Is it just me or do the brakes on our cars experience a TON of fade when it's raining? Since day one I will be driving on the highway (while it's raining) and every time I have to hit the brakes my foot feels like it's going to the floor for the first 1/4-1/2 second. I have since done a brake job (stainless lines, DOT4, Hawk pads) and it still happens. I have just learned to live with it.
    they arent known for brake fade..did you re-surface/replace your rotors when you did the brakes?
    New England F4

    feel free to pm me with any questions..

  7. #486
    Registered User Mocci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21
    Hey everyone, my name is Brian and I drive an '02 Midnight Black Pearl WRX.
    I'm a project manager assistant (PMA) at a general contractors firm in Newington CT.

    I bought this car after having my last one (06 Sentra) totaled in a head on collision with a man in a pickup truck, even though I spent 2 weeks in the hospital, the insurance money and the car I bought with it makes up for it =P

    This is the first automotive work I have ever done, I've put in a full TurboXS turbo-back and gutted my stock up-pipe, and done a few ricer cosmetic upgrades. Looking forward to becoming a bigger part of this community

  8. #487
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocci View Post
    Hey everyone, my name is Brian and I drive an '02 Midnight Black Pearl WRX.
    I'm a project manager assistant (PMA) at a general contractors firm in Newington CT.

    I bought this car after having my last one (06 Sentra) totaled in a head on collision with a man in a pickup truck, even though I spent 2 weeks in the hospital, the insurance money and the car I bought with it makes up for it =P

    This is the first automotive work I have ever done, I've put in a full TurboXS turbo-back and gutted my stock up-pipe, and done a few ricer cosmetic upgrades. Looking forward to becoming a bigger part of this community
    Glad to have ya! Are you using any Engine Management? If not then you should go get a Cobb AP and flash to Stage 2. The Stage 2 map + your TBE will net you 55 whp more than stock and it will clear any CEL's that you have from the TBE.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  9. #488
    Registered User Mocci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21
    Yes i'm using the Stage 2 93 octane map

  10. #489
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocci View Post
    Yes i'm using the Stage 2 93 octane map
    Good good! In that case if you want more power out of it get Pro Tuned
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  11. #490
    Registered User bbpuppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chester, NH
    Posts
    437
    Since I've come back to the board, I figured I would revive this thread. WHAT'S UP EVERYBODY!!!! I had to take some time off from the board to clear up some debt (ie cancel a few of my Visa sponsorships ) and it was easier to resist the temptation to spend money on my car by not coming here
    Russ - 2005 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stage 2 and TDC Protuned
    New EnglandF4 - Blobeye Syndicate #50
    Pics
    Mods in Profile

  12. #491
    Registered User bbpuppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chester, NH
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by subarutech View Post
    they arent known for brake fade..did you re-surface/replace your rotors when you did the brakes?
    If your still on here.....no I didn't. They looked pretty good. I'm going to replace my pads again soon and I'll at least have them resurfaced. I know that it depends on driving style, but at what mileage would you suggest replacing the rotors?
    Russ - 2005 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stage 2 and TDC Protuned
    New EnglandF4 - Blobeye Syndicate #50
    Pics
    Mods in Profile

  13. #492
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    eprov rhode island
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by bbpuppet View Post
    If your still on here.....no I didn't. They looked pretty good. I'm going to replace my pads again soon and I'll at least have them resurfaced. I know that it depends on driving style, but at what mileage would you suggest replacing the rotors?
    it has nothing to do with time/miles its about thickness..i forget what the spec is...but if you didnt resurface your rotors then theres your brake fade issue
    New England F4

    feel free to pm me with any questions..

  14. #493
    Registered User bbpuppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chester, NH
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by subarutech View Post
    it has nothing to do with time/miles its about thickness..i forget what the spec is...but if you didnt resurface your rotors then theres your brake fade issue
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I thought that that had something to do with it. Thanks for confirming my hunch
    Russ - 2005 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stage 2 and TDC Protuned
    New EnglandF4 - Blobeye Syndicate #50
    Pics
    Mods in Profile

  15. #494
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    62
    sup guys. if any of you are coming to Vegas for sema be sure to check out the thread in this forum for some cool stuff going on. last years meet had over 100 cars and this year we hope to have more.

  16. #495
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3
    Hey guys! I want in!
    My name is Nick, I live in Fitchburg, MA (unfortunatly). I just turned 19, and just bought my first WRX. It's an '03 PSM bug-eye.

    I've always had a passion for cars, but yet i've had 3 trucks since I got my license.

    I look forward to meeting you all!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •