Subaru WRX Forum banner

Join New England F4 / Official Chat!

52K views 574 replies 124 participants last post by  Firefighterjake 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT:

How to join the New England F4 family...

Step 1: Post your name, location, car model, and brief description of yourself in this thread.
Step 2: Read this thread, and the Stickers thread. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130212&highlight=england+f4+stickers
Step 3: Determine what color combination you would like for your stickers.
Step 4: Post in the stickers thread, and PM "Turbo Tecnica".
Step 5: Insert New England F4 into your signature. (any form of this can be used).
Step 6: Post in the New England F4 Roll Call thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1631674#post1631674

Ok, so I like to be in groups, and who doesnt love stickers on their car!

Anyway, here is my idea. New England F4. Just like the guys in So Cal and Vegas.

I know i know, there is NESIC, but i loathe Nastysock. If anyone is interested we can get a logo made, shirts designed, and decals put on cars.

If im the only one who thinks this is a good idea, ah well.:sadwave:

See less See more
#55 ·
Im in for slapping the F4 on my car. That is if you will have an 06 in your group. Do we get numbers too?

#56 ·
OK a few updates.

I got the logo scanned and cleaned up into the computer at school (.eps file now). The only modification I really had to make was I had to change "New England WRX" to "N.E. WRX." With the size it was at, fully-typed out the letters were way too small to weed out and they would end up getting trashed really easily. Having N.E. still looks good, is a lot easier to work with, and will save time on my end. I took a few pictures of the screen at school with some sample color schemes... this is not all of them obviously. I only brought black vinyl in to work with today but a good size I came up with was 2 1/4" high x about 7 3/4" wide. Here are the (crappy) pictures from today.

This is what it looks like in the program:

These are some sample colors... obvioulsy not 100% correct on the color shades and whatnot...

Here is the approximate size...

And these are of the black sample that I cut, and stuck them on my (scuffed up) paint box at school...

#62 ·
Haha

I will be working on these again tomorrow. I'm going to bring in more vinyl and cut a good amount of different color combinations (no pink yet, waiting on the order to come)... In my posession I have black, grey, and gold. I'll get cut what I can, and will get more colors next week (blue, etc.)

Chris, do you mind having it as "N.E. WRX" or were you dead-set on "New England WRX" It looks good cut as N.E. but it's up to you... it's your design. The decals look sharp in person, they will look nice.

Most other west-coasters are putting them under their mirrors on their doors, are they not? That's not a bad place. If we were to do them anywhere on the windows, black vinyl wouldn't work out so well... it would have to be grey. I think the same place as the west-coasters would be fine... but that's just my opinion

Thanks guys

#64 ·
turbo tecnica said:
Haha
Chris, do you mind having it as "N.E. WRX" or were you dead-set on "New England WRX" It looks good cut as N.E. but it's up to you... it's your design. The decals look sharp in person, they will look nice.
Are the N and E big enough to fill the space? Or does it look weird? I can edit it if you'd like.

Under the mirrors sounds good.

Dont worry about putting these on paint, wont do anymore damage than a dealer sticker on the car. Or the ClubWRX.net decals.

#69 ·
D0WNxSH1FT said:
Are the N and E big enough to fill the space? Or does it look weird? I can edit it if you'd like.

Under the mirrors sounds good.

Dont worry about putting these on paint, wont do anymore damage than a dealer sticker on the car. Or the ClubWRX.net decals.
You can see in the links that I posted... or actually I will just post it here..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/turbotecnica/F4/samplesize1.jpg

As you can see, it doesn't fill it up as completely as all the words did, but I think it still fills it nicely. I enlarged it slightly and widened it just a hair to fill the space more.

Putting the vinyl on your paint will do 0 harm, don't worry. I have put layers and layers of different types of vinyl on heavy duty work trucks, and have had them come back a while later to get a phone number or something changed... When the vinyl is removed there is no sign left over on the truck that there was even vinyl there. Doing vinyl on windows is fine, you just have to be careful if/when you're using your ice scraper because if you go over the vinyl you run the risk of chipping it off (especially since it's cold and the vinyl will be more brittle).

#70 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.