OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by CaRboNaDo While I agreed the 02-03 were ugly, I'd take a 2008 in bugeye form any day ...

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRboNaDo View Post
    While I agreed the 02-03 were ugly, I'd take a 2008 in bugeye form any day over its current unveiling. This new one is like a reccession in originality, which is surprising b/c the first model was very distinctive. Flowing lines? If you call flowing lines something that looks like its been crossbred 5 times with other cars, and its chief designer came from Korea, then sure. A car can have lots of flowing lines, just like a BMW, but if they dont all flow together very well, then its not going to look good as a whole. The car may look decent from the side, but the front end is bland as bland gets and just doesnt look well put together. Looks like someone put together a collage of parts and called it a grill-headlight-metalwinglogo-all-in-one. Im saddened they never used the design of the Legacy STi front end that I've seen in pictures. Its a much much better example of what they shouldve done with it. This hatched chrome grill was totally uneccessary. And neither is that long metal wing piece. Ill let someone steal that out of my grill any day, so long as the oval star emblem stays in tact.
    +1

The front looks like a Corolla with a misplaced hoodscoop and the rear looks like a Kia Sephia. I absolutely cannot believe how disgusting this car looks. The '06-07 body style grew on me pretty quickly but this thing is just horrendous. These pics don't do justice as to how ugly this thing real is, look at the gallery on WorldCarFans.com.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    omg how are the 03's ugly? :-( You're insulting my baby here!~!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Teh Mafia's gonna get you both.
    Get me their IP addresses. I'll take care of things from there.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

lol bring it.

I am at home in New York for the Easter holiday and I'm going to the NYIAS tomorrow. I'll have lots of pics to share. stay tuned.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    lol bring it.

I am at home in New York for the Easter holiday and I'm going to the NYIAS tomorrow. I'll have lots of pics to share. stay tuned.

You're the man Chris! Can't wait to see your pics!
    I drive a WRX and work for Harley-Davidson .

Blobeye Syndicate #42
    GO CUBBIES!!!
    '05 CGM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I love chowder. Cuz it rhymes with powder.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckTheBruce View Post
    You're the man Chris! Can't wait to see your pics!
    +1

It'd be badass if you could pull off a video of walking around at least front to back of the 08
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

You tell em Ray. All this Bugeye bashing has got to stop. The Mafia is going to have to bring down the hammer.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    You tell em Ray. All this Bugeye bashing has got to stop. The Mafia is going to have to bring down the hammer.
    I drive a WRX and work for Harley-Davidson .

Blobeye Syndicate #42
    GO CUBBIES!!!
    '05 CGM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I love chowder. Cuz it rhymes with powder.

meh looks like a Toyota Corolla S "racing edition" no personality...
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    +1

The front looks like a Corolla with a misplaced hoodscoop and the rear looks like a Kia Sephia. I absolutely cannot believe how disgusting this car looks. The '06-07 body style grew on me pretty quickly but this thing is just horrendous. These pics don't do justice as to how ugly this thing real is, look at the gallery on WorldCarFans.com.
    i agree in a weaker way lol i don know bout horrendous but it certainly does not do the WRX name justice and is extremely bland...
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

I sent subaru a 1500 character complaint of this new design. they replied in less than 2 hours praising my loyalty to subaru and assuring me that once i see one in person and actually drive it i'll change my opinion. I can't believe even the CR guy or whatever he does was trying to sell me the car, LOL. Props to Subaru on treating a repeat customer respectfully

ATTENTION ALL AFTERMARKET VENDORS:
    make me some widebody fenders that'll fit an 08 and I'll be happy to be the first to buy em.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    lol bring it.

Sweet. Well, I too will be at he show tomorrow and am also bringing the camera. I'm trying to reserve judgment until I see it, but honestly, I don't think itís that terrible (although agreed nothing legendary as of yet). Of course, I love my bugeye, and I agree that the "true shots" helped a million, but I'm really waiting to see it in person. More from here soon also.

Banned
    why is the 08 wrx 6500 redline?

i want to know about the tranny, any upgrades?
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

I would gladly take one, especially since the Hybrid version will be available soon.

"The new Impreza arrives in the UK later this year, priced the same as the current car - kicking off at around £16,500. As for the range-topping 300bhp WRX STi, expect to see the all-new rally-derived model just before the Tokyo Motor Show in October. A hybrid version will arrive in 2008."

Now, will it come out in the US? If it does then I am all in. AWD, less money on gas and a tax break
    Quote Originally Posted by njazwrx
    is that after he attempts to rape my dead corpse?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.