OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT no more 4pots? and yes re92's...

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    no more 4pots?

and yes re92's
    Last edited by abhiwan; 04-06-2007 at 05:45 AM.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    no more 4pots?

and yes re92's
    Yea and they're more skinny then before.........That should help them handle better

I was just reading some of the stuff on car and driver and they tore the 08 WRX's to hell.......Hopefully subaru will get the idea that no one likes this car and they'll change it in the next year or two....
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    +1 if I can fit all of my 782 gear (mil folks know what I'm saying) in the trunk and still have room, then the current trunk is really not that small
    W3rd. Molle Packs and Illbe packs aren't exactly tiny.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Robman7835 View Post
    I was just reading some of the stuff on car and driver and they tore the 08 WRX's to hell.......
    What you wrote is very misleading. I also read the Car and Driver article on the new WRX, and while they tore the looks to hell, they happily acknowledged the lighter weight of the new WRX and were pleased that the torque kicks in at much lower RPM's.

And to site the source: Car and Driver
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

You mean its a good looking car now? lol. The 02-03 WRX was very ugly, the 04-05 was a bit better, the 06-07 was in between cus it had ugly days and good days. This 08 model is actually attractive, has flowing lines, has a grill and headlights that go together perfectly and an interior to rival Acura and VW.

When you can beat most cars on the road it's hard to be a "chick car."
    While I agreed the 02-03 were ugly, I'd take a 2008 in bugeye form any day over its current unveiling. This new one is like a reccession in originality, which is surprising b/c the first model was very distinctive. Flowing lines? If you call flowing lines something that looks like its been crossbred 5 times with other cars, and its chief designer came from Korea, then sure. A car can have lots of flowing lines, just like a BMW, but if they dont all flow together very well, then its not going to look good as a whole. The car may look decent from the side, but the front end is bland as bland gets and just doesnt look well put together. Looks like someone put together a collage of parts and called it a grill-headlight-metalwinglogo-all-in-one. Im saddened they never used the design of the Legacy STi front end that I've seen in pictures. Its a much much better example of what they shouldve done with it. This hatched chrome grill was totally uneccessary. And neither is that long metal wing piece. Ill let someone steal that out of my grill any day, so long as the oval star emblem stays in tact.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

Banned
    I just passed a Scion tC and had a sinking feeling that they look similar. Then i agreed with myself. Then i was sad.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I can handle the looks, what saddens me is the trend toward de-tuning the suspension/brakes. It took us almost five years to finally get the 4/2 pots (that the rest of the world got day one) and in a flash they're gone. It took us that long to get front aluminum control arms for the sedan (that the rest of the world got day one) and they are gone too. I'll bet if someone gets a chance to crawl underneath- the front aluminum lateral links are gone too.

I understand the fact that they have to meet a certain price point, but why at the sacrafice of performance?

I've suggested this for years, but why does Subaru not offer a "sports" package? Have the base model that will appeal to many, but offer some performance upgrades that many would gladly pay a little more for- I really think they are missing the boat.

When does the STi debut?
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I can handle the looks, what saddens me is the trend toward de-tuning the suspension/brakes. It took us almost five years to finally get the 4/2 pots (that the rest of the world got day one) and in a flash they're gone.
    Big Sky, you of all people here know that the pots dont mean the brakes are better at stopping the car, it just increases pedal feel. In fact the 08 WRX brake calipers are from the Legacy GT which are BIGGER than the 02-07 calipers.

All of the aluminum body panels have been replaced. I dont know if the small parts have also been changed.

STi debuts at the Frankfurt Auto Show in September
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

so, lets see those STI photochops... i think there were 2 that look like possible candidates now that we know what the new body looks like.

it wasn't just that they were 4 pot...its that they were RED, hehe.

No sir, I don't like it.

I'm keeping hope alive that the redesigned STI brings back some of that aggressive styling and rally-inspired heritage that's missing from the rest of the '08 Impreza lineup.

Truthfully though, I'm not sure that it will. I think the STI Limited was an indication of where they're heading with the model, and I really didn't care for that at all.

All I can really say at this point, is that I'm glad I picked up my Evo IX when I did. I had a sneaking suspicion that the upcoming versions of both Subaru's and Mitsubishi's halo sport-compact cars would be loosing a lot of what I fell in love with them for in the first place.

Looking at what the Evo X seems to be turning into, and what Subaru has shown us with the new interpretation of their Impreza, I'm sorry to say that so far I haven't been that far off base...
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I can handle the looks, what saddens me is the trend toward de-tuning the suspension/brakes. It took us almost five years to finally get the 4/2 pots (that the rest of the world got day one) and in a flash they're gone. It took us that long to get front aluminum control arms for the sedan (that the rest of the world got day one) and they are gone too. I'll bet if someone gets a chance to crawl underneath- the front aluminum lateral links are gone too.

I understand the fact that they have to meet a certain price point, but why at the sacrafice of performance?

I've suggested this for years, but why does Subaru not offer a "sports" package? Have the base model that will appeal to many, but offer some performance upgrades that many would gladly pay a little more for- I really think they are missing the boat.

When does the STi debut?
    +1.

This post largely goes in accordance to my statement of Subaru always playing catchup to the competition lately.

Could you imagine if the GTI and MS3 had AWD... There would literally be NO MARKET for the wrx. It is bad enough those cars already trounce the wrx in handling, braking, turning, grip, interior, refinement, etc...
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Best WRX/STI looks to date????

ill take 06 FTW!!!

Duel exhuast??? 4cyl engines with duel exhuast.... im not sold...

And the 08 front grill is disgusting in my humble opinion!
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

I Support ClubWRX
    You mean its a good looking car now? lol. The 02-03 WRX was very ugly,
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRboNaDo View Post
    While I agreed the 02-03 were ugly,
    Teh Mafia's gonna get you both.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Thumbs down

I canít even call the new WRX ugly; itís extremely ugly in my opinion. The WRX was my dream since I remember and finally in 2003 I bought a brand new one. It hade the bug eyes, but still id had everything the WRX was supposed to have, aggressive look, wide fenders, nicely profiled body and of course the handling and power train, but I donít think that will change for worse. The 2008 WRX has none of that in my opinion. And the worst to me as it looks like it lost its soul. I absolutely hate it. Thanks God, have a year ago I got the 2006 STI, which I love, and I will stick to it for next few years. And after that Ö EVO X. They left me with no other choice

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.