Subaru WRX Forum banner

OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread

97K views 398 replies 84 participants last post by  riktravel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm opening a new thread where people can get info about the new model. The old thread has served it's purpose, but it's basically 36+ pages of conjecture and photoshops.

Only officially released info and pics here, please. :) -- Ray

um, ta da?

all taken from this thread on NASIOC: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230550&page=9

See less See more
#211 ·
Yes it is real. That is the optional grill that you can get from Subaru. The meet was sponsored by ESX and a local Dealership.

There were spy shots a month or so back of a black 08 hatch w/ the black grill, shift/boost gauge on the dash and aftermarket rims...this car has all of that except the rims were swaped.

#217 ·
It amazes me that I've never seen aftermarket tails on a wrx

#220 ·
They did that on purpose. Its a good looking car that sells well. So they took the Mazda 3 hatch and front, the BMW side (that cut belt line), etc.

It amazes me that I've never seen aftermarket tails on a wrx
LOL, there are some Altezza styles available. I actually helped revert someones WRX back to the stock tails (he bought the car w/ the altezzas).

Nice (except the tail lights- I'm sure there will be an easy fix for those) :D
I like the tails. All white/silver like Lexus and LED is a lot better than bulbs. Red vinyl will of course be an option.

#221 ·
My roomie has a mazda 3, and I've been saying all along how yuppie he looks in it. I told him he needs to get a suit, and make coffee for his boss every morning.

#223 ·
I have really been reading up and looking into these new 200eights. Mainly because 3 weeks ago some idiot ran me off the road in my 6 month old 2007 wrx wagon. whats a shame it is that they wont have the same car for me to purches. however. after seeing the pictures from LegacyGT.com of the black wagon.. i might be able to live with the new style. I Don't aggree with every change, aka, the hood scoop. it's so ugly. but whatever, I will never drive any other car.

Does anyone know at all when these new 200eights will be available?? i am hurtin right now for a car, and I get my inssurence check in a week or so. how long am I going to have this money sitting my bank??

#226 ·
I thought about that... but they dont have a limited 07 anywhere in the US. I found that hard to belive but I am great friends with the owner of the subaru dealer here in so cal, so what he says goes. however he doesnt know when the wrx will be available. life sucks right now. i just want my old car back. i will get some pics up of it soon. it was soo clean. all black, black tint, black grill. with the red subaru calipers.... no mods yet cause it was so new.

#230 ·
Hahah, i cant wait for my 08 STI! oh and we wont get the 7500 rpm redline, we get 6500 cus of the 2.5L as compared to the JDM 2.0L.

#235 ·
Yeah, the look is starting to grow on me as well. I'm not in a position to buy one for a while, but I'll let them work the bugs out and perhaps I can look at a 2009-2010 STI.

#240 ·
Well, at least the silver chrome grill/tail piece doesn't look quite as hideous on the silver ones since it kind of blends in a bit more. When I look at the front I think "Chrysler Pacifica" because of the grill though. :screwy:

#241 ·
the problem is... we arn't going to see the wrx version till late augest now. They just pushed the realease date back. and I find this out from a very reliable source of mine... looks like I might not be getting my wagon as I thought. The whole purpose of this change is to apeal to an older crowd. to be honest with you... the people driving these performace cars are old enough. for the old men out there.. make the outback with the new style.. not the impreza

#244 ·
either way.. we wont really see them show up for a couple of months. and from what subaru talked about yesterday with me, was they just want to apeal to an older crowd. or at least thats what they want us to believe. I don't think it will apeal to any crowd. why copy the mazda... just sell that one and let us have our cars.

#252 ·
well, it'd make it easier for dumb americans to understand what is what... and it goes in line with the other models naming structure.

Legacy: 2.5i, 2.5GT Limited, 2.5GT Spec. B
Forester: 2.5X, 2.5XT, 2.5XT Sports
Impreza: 2.5i, Outback, WRX, WRX STI

as long as its a good car, they can call it whatever they want... just as my favorite Suby is named "Subaru Impreza WRX STi Version Type RA Spec C S202", which is just ridiculous, but i love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.