OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like it. I like 02-07 better, but I like it. The thing that bothers me most about it though; ...

I like it. I like 02-07 better, but I like it.
    The thing that bothers me most about it though; the intergrated hood scoop. In my mind one of the defining features of a WRX is the big scoop popping out of your hood. I love silouette you see out the front window with the scoop in the coner of your eye.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I might have missed something, but is there any details on the sti?
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    I might have missed something, but is there any details on the sti?
    The only official information is that it will be a hatch.

Besides that its all a guessing game.

Rumors:
    • Wide wheel arches
    • Aggresive styling
    • Large rear spoiler
    • 325-350 HP
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I'm sitting here really trying to figure out how they are going to 'redefine' the sport compact market here... How can they offer the 08 WRX with such hooplah and perceived dominance when their direct competitor, the MS3, offers everything the 08 has minus AWD? For the same price you can get such things as leather HID on the Speed3, and it has the advantage of 263hp and 280tq. The base wrx at ~25K offers AWD and 227hp. The BASE Mazdaspeed 3 at around 22,500 offers FWD, but significantly more power. It is obvious that Subaru has acknowledged the Mazda as a real competitor given it's design direction (hell they even added red illumination to the Imreza), but not everyone will see the AWD as a reasonable compensation for less power at a bigger price tag. I really hope it handles better than the Mazda does, or else I see the Rex sales going down.
    Last edited by nread; 04-05-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nread View Post
    I'm sitting here really trying to figure out how they are going to 'redefine' the sport compact market here... How can they offer the 08 WRX with such hooplah and perceived dominance when their direct competitor, the MS3, offers everything the 08 has minus AWD? For the same price you can get such things as leather HID on the Speed3, and it has the advantage of 263hp and 280tq. The base wrx at ~25K offers AWD and 227hp. The BASE Mazdaspeed 3 at around 22,500 offers FWD, but significantly more power. It is obvious that Subaru has acknowledged the Mazda as a real competitor given it's design direction (hell they even added red illumination to the Imreza), but not everyone will see the AWD as a reasonable compensation for less power at a bigger price tag. I really hope it handles better than the Mazda does, or else I see the Rex sales going down.
    The 08 WRX isnt really down on power. It is extremely underated just like the 06+WRX. It has the LGT motor which is a 243 HP engine and w/ a mere reflash and removal of one cat puts down 290whp, 300lb-ft to the wheels.

Good luck getting those numbers to the wheels out of an MS3 w/o insane torque steer, oh and they get limited power in the 1st 3 gears, and heatsoak quickly.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    The 08 WRX isnt really down on power. It is extremely underated just like the 06+WRX. It has the LGT motor which is a 243 HP engine and w/ a mere reflash and removal of one cat puts down 290whp, 300lb-ft to the wheels.

Good luck getting those numbers to the wheels out of an MS3 w/o insane torque steer, oh and they get limited power in the 1st 3 gears, and heatsoak quickly.
    Absolutely. BUT, most of the population may not be aware of that. Likewise, not everyone wants to void thier warranty as soon as they get the car. AS for getting the numbers to the wheels with the MS3, that's why they put so much work into the torque management. I also read that the 3 runs really rich, and that in addition to severe breathing restrictions, means the 3 will be great for aftermarket tuning too. The MS3 has won every comparo to the rex I have read (except in cases where the AWD was the determining factor).

Don't get me wrong, I love the subie. I'm just playing devil's advocate here and bringing up things that I know other people are going to use to discredit the WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    every single comp that I have read between the 3 and rex, the re-92s have been the factor that really pushed the ms3 above the subie.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Peachypumpkincheeks

Woah, the doors have window frames!!?!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Any word on the Cd of the new models?

EDIT: RE92s...lovely.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    It has the LGT motor which is a 243 HP engine and w/ a mere reflash and removal of one cat puts down 290whp, 300lb-ft to the wheels.
    Holy crap, is that true? 290/300 at the wheels with dp and a flash? Nice.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Holy crap, is that true? 290/300 at the wheels with dp and a flash? Nice.
    ::soa grinning:: hello tranny problems!!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    every single comp that I have read between the 3 and rex, the re-92s have been the factor that really pushed the ms3 above the subie.
    Also the bodyroll (why I was saying I hope it handles better, i.e, tighter and more stable), the brake distance, and the comparitive top end anemia. Again, just for arguments sake.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    looks like a 2003 Camry...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nread View Post
    Also the bodyroll (why I was saying I hope it handles better, i.e, tighter and more stable), the brake distance, and the comparitive top end anemia. Again, just for arguments sake.
    Handling and brake distance can definitely be attributed to the tires more so than anything else IMO. Once you fix the tires, then the body roll REALLY gets in your face, but if you have a dodge viper on re-92s... need I say any more?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    [B] all taken from this thread on NASIOC: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1230550&page=9
    I miss NASIOC