Subaru WRX Forum banner

OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread

97K views 398 replies 84 participants last post by  riktravel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm opening a new thread where people can get info about the new model. The old thread has served it's purpose, but it's basically 36+ pages of conjecture and photoshops.

Only officially released info and pics here, please. :) -- Ray

um, ta da?

all taken from this thread on NASIOC: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230550&page=9

See less See more
#165 ·
Pretty...

But how is that going to be a Rally Car without being a hatch?

btw...I saw a commercial on TV for the regular new Lancer coming out and it actually looked pretty good. Some nice sleek lines to it...

#169 · (Edited)
#171 ·
Just saw pics of that Subaru B5-TPH Concept floating around the internet, and realized where their designers inspired the new front end from. :baaa:

#172 ·
just got back from the car show

full fold down seats in the sadan, nicer interior and no ugly key hole on the trunk. it seems more roomy in the back seat, but over all its not thaat bad. i could live with it. just interested in seeing how it performs.

#181 ·
Do the front seats offer more legroom? I'm 6' 2" and my legs always feel cramped in my STI. Any mention of a moonroof for the WRX or STI?

#175 ·
They put the Legacy GT engine into the WRX.

EJ25T + LGT Plastic Intake Manifold + LGT TMIC + LGT VF40 turbo.

LGT spools max torque at 2800 as well. They have either turned down boot or underated the new WRX significantly.

#174 ·
another vote here for ugly exterior

I think this is the first time i find myself liking the looks of the hatch better than the sedan version:thumbdown.
subi if your listening, strike up another vote here for not liking the way your going about this whole styling thing........If i wanted an ugly toyota i buy one. One guy said something about where the fender flares went. I agree subi, where did they go???
With more new cars coming out in the short future from other car companys, to me theres not really anything about this new subie stands out from the rest. Common subi you can do better than this......

#178 ·
#179 ·
Is any of this info concrete yet? I wouldnt be surprised if they kept the td04 and just massaged the AVCS a tad bit to get that torque. Doesnt the vf-40 flow more then the td04? How are they getting a larger turbo to spool so much faster then the insta spool td04?

#182 ·
I REALLY like the fact that they put controls on the steering wheel.

When I'm drifting around an icy/wet corner at +100mph... they really come in handy.:)

#184 ·
Has any magazine/site/reviewer (professionals, not forum posters like us) said that they think the looks of the '08 are a huge improvement over the looks of the previous years, even a bit of an improvement? I would be interested to hear their reasoning...

#191 ·
I just had a plane flight today and read both Sport Compact Car and Motor Trends and they both had front page articles on the new 08 WRX...

Both mentioned the word radical design change...

Both made the Mazda 3 reference and SCC made a Saturn ION reference to it but they both seem to not say alot about likeing or disliking the new look

However one of em had an interesting read about some potential problems with the standard upgrade path where used to...

#196 ·
I might agree with you a little on the looks, but it looks nothing like it rally roots? Look at how the rally cars are going these days. Focus for one, and many more. In my opinion this is the ways rally cars are looking now, hatches are the future for rallying.

#197 · (Edited)
Road & Track

Road & Track has a article of what the new STI might be, they did a little photochop, and I'd have to say, I'd hit it! ;) I think there speculation for 1/4 mile time is a little "optimistic." Is it just me or is the hoodscoop a little reminiscent of Ferrari 550?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=5213

#198 ·
#199 ·
I don't know why I'm so drawn to read everything about these new models, mabey because I love subaru's. But hear is my reaction. The evo may have the subaru by the nuts in terms of styling, but I rest asured the new sti will kill all evo infidels. Of course a hatch is going to look like ass but people better get used to that ugly ass because thats all there going to be able to see from 3 car lenghts behind. This ugly duckling will change the definition of "style" when it strikes fear into the hearts of men. Nothing is without reason with subaru there listening and be prepared.

#200 ·
new sti will kill all evo infidels. This ugly duckling strikes fear into the hearts of men. Nothing is without reason with subaru
dear god... This sounds like a speech straight from Napoleon himself.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Keep em coming, GSBoi hasn't been too funny recently :wiggles:

#209 ·
Got these pics from LegacyGT.com. They had a meet in SoCal and look what showed up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.