OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i think there will be an 2010 refreshing....

i think there will be an 2010 refreshing.
    I cried when Optimus Prime died did you ?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #?, down for the cause
    Soon to be Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by airmanhanna View Post
    my .02cents. i'm not going to say, all good things must come to an end. but subaru has obviously moved from the niche that they have been in for years and years with the wrx line. its always been function before form. to me thats what makes a performance geared car beauiful.
    oh and btw, A SPORT SHIFT AUTO?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I dont get this rationale at all. Function before Form.

It is nearly the same car as the 02-07 besides some performance enhancements, suspension enhancements, and more low end torque from the VF40 turbo. It still has Function, in fact is has MORE. it is larger and can now fit 4 adults and their luggage unlike the current car that is small and has a useless trunk. I can barely take 4 people on a trip w/ their luggage in my trunk.

So now it is beautiful and fast. What's the down side?

Oh no, this car is 224 hp, 226 lb-ft! Oh, wait, it is a downpipe and reflash away from 300 lb-ft at the wheels!

Sport Shift Auto is an option as it has been in the Legacy for some time now.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 04-05-2007 at 10:33 AM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    I cant get the Legend video to play here at work. All it says is "Unsurpassed Performance" and then stops. Must be lots of people on their site.

It could be an SPT exhaust which is much louder than stock.
    it definately has the boxer growl that only comes out with an aftermarket downpipe. If you hear a wrx drive down the road, you can tell by the exhaust note whether its a aftermarket catback, or turboback.....i dont know how else to describe it, but im sure you know what im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    it definately has the boxer growl that only comes out with an aftermarket downpipe. If you hear a wrx drive down the road, you can tell by the exhaust note whether its a aftermarket catback, or turboback.....i dont know how else to describe it, but im sure you know what im talking about.
    Yup, the boxer rumble from the uneven headers. I can hear a subaru from a mile away.

The clip might be the STi too even. Who knows. I wish I could hear/see the video

its definitely running super slow. the whole subaru.com domain.

You know what detail I really actually like the most? Subaru finally after ALL THESE YEARS MADE THE REAR SEAT FOLD DOWN WITH A 60/40 SPLIT!!!! Stupid as it sounds, thats reason enough for me to get a new one. It will be an STi so I would like to see if they are going to get a little more aggressive and make a better looking hatch. But I would be thrilled with a sedan as long as the damn seats fold down!!

Side note: if they add another 4.9 inches to the sedan how much bigger are they going to make the car before it ends up just being a legacy? If the legacy is 105 wheel base, and 189 length. 4.9 added to the current 07 impreza 99 wheel base, 175 length makes it 180 long.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I cant get the Legend video to play here at work. All it says is "Unsurpassed Performance" and then stops. Must be lots of people on their site.

It could be an SPT exhaust which is much louder than stock.
    worked for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    sorry, the only thing my eyes looked at was the first car in that grid.

mmmm m5..............

*drool*

I Support ClubWRX
    that's a really good post as to the ques for the design... it's a little embarassing if you ask me
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    pictures
    I gotta tell ya, you just showed some of the best looking cars on the road. I am more than happy to say the 08 shares similarities with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    that's a really good post as to the ques for the design... it's a little embarassing if you ask me
    When was the last original car design? 1920's?

Cars all look similar. How many cars use the BMW kink in their C-pillar? Just about all of them.

Peachypumpkincheeks

I gotta tell ya, you just showed some of the best looking cars on the road. I am more than happy to say the 08 shares similarities with them.
    I totally agree!! I wasn't saying it was a bad thing, it's just very different from what we're used to with Subaru! Only seeing it in person will be the true test.

And hell, atleast the grill doesn't look like a vag1na.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Thanks, I did it mee-self.

I'm a bit dissapointed in the direction Subaru is taking the car, and how they've had 7 years since its debut in the US to raise the bar again. The only bar I see being raised potentially at all is the handling characteristics. The engine is the same, soon to be outdone by competetors, and already outdone by the mazdaspeed offering. They could atleast throw an extra 10-15 horses, still call it a WRX, and do the same to the STi, while coming close to one-upping on their rivals.

A better interior? Subaru is playing catch-up just by improving the interior, nothing impressive here.

The exterior? To me it seems like by giving up the propeller design, they couldnt quite figure out what they wanted to me. The 08 model looks like a practice in design experimentation and is no way in my opinion original or elegant. While it may have elements that are beautiful by themselves, they way they have fit the pieces together, do not mend well. Ala, the front end all one jagged piece of chrome then headlights, thrown off by a very bland front bumber with its linear curve clashing into the rest. The hood scoop is nice to see more integrated, but looks ackward sitting so far forward on the car imo. The overall styling to me almost seems too 'cute', less agressive than even the 06 model.

I will agree the car might peak more interest in a broader range of people, but its not really competing as closely as it did in 2001. And that may really send sales shrinking from Subaru's expectations, as I dont think for the same 25k pricetag, this market segment will be as concerned about a better interior as being able to drive off the lot with a car that is just as fast and handles just as well as its most close competetors.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.