OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread - Page 13
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL 2008 Impreza Information Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by abhiwan just got back from the car show full fold down seats in the sadan, nicer interior ...

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    just got back from the car show

full fold down seats in the sadan, nicer interior and no ugly key hole on the trunk. it seems more roomy in the back seat, but over all its not thaat bad. i could live with it. just interested in seeing how it performs.
    Do the front seats offer more legroom? I'm 6' 2" and my legs always feel cramped in my STI. Any mention of a moonroof for the WRX or STI?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

I REALLY like the fact that they put controls on the steering wheel.

When I'm drifting around an icy/wet corner at +100mph... they really come in handy.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    Do the front seats offer more legroom? I'm 6' 2" and my legs always feel cramped in my STI. Any mention of a moonroof for the WRX or STI?
    judge for yourself..i couldn't really tell.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx back.jpg   wrx inside.jpg   IMG_1994.JPG  
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Has any magazine/site/reviewer (professionals, not forum posters like us) said that they think the looks of the '08 are a huge improvement over the looks of the previous years, even a bit of an improvement? I would be interested to hear their reasoning...
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

if they do say it looks better, their opinion is NOT shared by me.
    And i think they must be either gay or a mom...
    *no offense intended to anyone, just commenting on style and demographic*

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    And i think they must be either gay or a mom...
    or both!!
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'll be the judge on how it looks when I see one up close and personal, I could give a rat's hiney what some pundit thinks is or isn't "good looking"
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I'll be the judge on how it looks when I see one up close and personal, I could give a rat's hiney what some pundit thinks is or isn't "good looking"
    imo, i'd be embarassed to drive the 08, HOWEVER if someone like BigSky were to be driving it with the earlier spool and weight reduction and improved suspension, there'd be nothing embarassing about destroying people on the track

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    waiting patiently for the STi "wagon"
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

should be pretty nice, I'll just need to see the styling before i say anything. If somebody made an 800HP AWD pinto with full coilover setup, I probably wouldn't drive it...on second thought...

I just had a plane flight today and read both Sport Compact Car and Motor Trends and they both had front page articles on the new 08 WRX...

Both mentioned the word radical design change...

Both made the Mazda 3 reference and SCC made a Saturn ION reference to it but they both seem to not say alot about likeing or disliking the new look

However one of em had an interesting read about some potential problems with the standard upgrade path where used to...
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    Although I make up my own mind about looks, from what I've read on car forums (not just this one) the '08 wrx is zero improvement in the looks department. So, I was just wondering what the "official" automotive press is saying in the looks department. I am just wondering if Subaru will ever get a clue how much $ they're throwing away on shoddy bodystyle redesigns that consumers never asked for. They don't eat that cost - it's passed onto us after all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainFrame View Post
    Both made the Mazda 3 reference and SCC made a Saturn ION reference to it but they both seem to not say alot about likeing or disliking the new look.
    Interesting - thanks for the info.
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainFrame View Post
    However one of em had an interesting read about some potential problems with the standard upgrade path where used to...
    what would that problem be????

Quote Originally Posted by snowcat View Post
    So, I was just wondering what the "official" automotive press is saying in the looks department.
    Straight from Car and Driver

"Holy bejeebus—what happened to its face?
    The ’08 WRX will again be offered in two body styles, a sedan and a five-door. The five-door looks more like a traditional hatchback this time around, so fans of the old wagon might be disappointed. Disappointment only begins to describe our reaction to the new car’s looks, however: If the WRX was hoping to win us back with its exterior make-over, it can forget it. The styling can at best be called a derivative of a copy—check out the Sebring-meets-Saab-meets-smiling-samurai front end—and at worst a total disaster. The new sedan in particular is disappointing, with a rear end that looks like it’s in heat and a high beltline that screams cheap-ass econocar. Here’s hoping the new styling grows on us as quickly as the 2006 model’s Tribeca-inspired nose job did."
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post

I like the looks and await the STI.
    oh, i couldnt disagree with you more. I was in the market for a 08' STi. By looking at the looks of the WRX, i cant see how Subaru could of made the STi different enough for me to like.
    As was said in a previous post, the 2005 STi was the best looking one. After that subaru changed the style of the car drasticly. i literaly thought i was looking at a Kia when i first opened this thread. The car looks nothing like its rally roots.

Looks like ill be in the market for a EVO 10. or a 05 STi with low miles.

Huge disapointment.
    New England F4