Subaru Powered Covertible
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru Powered Covertible within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/24/m...o-awd-hotness/ "When you mate Subaru's blown boxer and all-wheel-drive system to a lightweight body, only good things can come of ...

Subaru Powered Covertible

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/24/m...o-awd-hotness/

"When you mate Subaru's blown boxer and all-wheel-drive system to a lightweight body, only good things can come of it. The P2 from Prodrive has already proven that much. But, when another British racing firm creates their own bespoke machine, the hairs on the back of our neck stand at attention.

The UK's own Adrenaline Motorsports is in the process of developing a one-ton roadster that utilizes Subie motivation to make the sprint to sixty in under three seconds. The Murtaya will come in a few different flavors, with varying trim levels and power outputs, ranging between 150 and 400 HP.

Prototypes of the Murtaya are in the process of testing and a feasibility study of importing the roadster to North America is underway. If there is any justice in the world we'll see it on this side of the pond soon." -autoblog

2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Subaru take note, give us a turbo 2.5 motor in a small 2 seater with AWD and it will sell like hot cakes. Heck I cant go anywhere without seeing a S-2000, Miata, Solstice or another 2 seater roadster. Give us 220 hp, 260 lbs torque, awd with either DCCD or RWD bias, in a roadster.

This would truly be my dream car as it would be very well rounded. Summer time fun with the ability to drive in the winter (under our snow conditions).
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Man I would love a two seater with AWD and ~250hp... That's a nice looking car.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I like it
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

buy a GC8 and swap the motor and tranny

great looking car IMO.
    "Goodie Gum Drops"

Peachypumpkincheeks

Soooo hott! Do it Subaru!!!! Then again, I'm still awaiting the Legacy STI over here....
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Not even necessarily a roadster, but Subaru just at least needs a SMALLER awd car with some power. Imagine the mpg you could get if your WRX had the same power but weighed 1,000 lbs. less! This is what I'm waiting for. If Subaru doesn't bring a small car over to the U.S. I'm not sure my next car will be a Subaru to be honest...
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight View Post
    Man I would love a two seater with AWD and ~250hp... That's a nice looking car.
    I'd hit that so hard I'll need a chiropractor!!
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've been thinking it would be super sweet if you could drop an STI motor into one of these:

http://www.thunderranch.com/550.html

Of course the 6 cyl. porsche motor would be fine, but I don't think I could afford one.
    Last edited by mycologist; 10-27-2006 at 07:52 AM.

I'd consider buying something like that if they made a coupe. I don't really like convertibles.
    FORZA FERRARI

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    That would be so badas$, but I don't think Subaru would want to tarnish its reputation for safety by making a car that light.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I don't think it stands out enough from the other available 2 seater roadsters. Subaru has a habit of making distinctive cars, and while I realize this isn't actually (nor would it be) Subaru built, it doesn't look at all like a Subaru, which makes me think it looses some appeal.

Granted, the Subie powertrain + lightweight 2 seater is an awesome concept, I just don't think this is executed in a way that makes me want one right away.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

-Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid View Post
    I don't think it stands out enough from the other available 2 seater roadsters. Subaru has a habit of making distinctive cars, and while I realize this isn't actually (nor would it be) Subaru built, it doesn't look at all like a Subaru, which makes me think it looses some appeal.

Granted, the Subie powertrain + lightweight 2 seater is an awesome concept, I just don't think this is executed in a way that makes me want one right away.
    I think its definitely distinctive.

Since when does Subaru make unique cars? Their cars a pretty bland except for the hood scoop.
    FORZA FERRARI

Tribeca? SVX? All of the USDM WRX's have been pretty distinctive. The Baja (and the Brat before it). One of the reasons I love my car is because it's not "pretty" in a conventional way. I think it's gorgeous, but lots of people would say "Jehan, your car is ugly."
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.