Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official 2017 WRX & STi Order Thread

48K views 213 replies 47 participants last post by  Jamm_95 
#1 · (Edited)
2017 WRX & STI order bank opened up few hours ago so I took a plunge. :)

Order date: 4/15/2017
Car ordered:

2017 WRX Premium in WRB
Accessories:
Short Shrow Shifter
Dimming Mirror with Homelink

(I already have the trunk mat, Weathertech mats and the STI shift knob)

Am I the first one on here?

I can't wait already! :)

#114 ·
Can someone explain why and how the options are installed at the port, this seems almost like double work, are all options installed state side or just some of them? I ordered Short throw shifter, Vortex Generator and Kicker audio upgrade, I would understand the Vortex generator since it's just a sticker but I hope they aren't removing panels and replacing speakers when the car arrives to the States.

BTW my sales person just gave me an ETA of May 31st. Just ordered Rally Armor Mudflaps and Sonax Polymer Net Shield to put on the car as soon as I bring it home stuff is pretty simple to apply and protects the paint really well.

#117 ·
Hi sonik, I'm just in sales so I can't tell you why they do it that way, but you are correct. The cars come "clean" from Japan and the bulk of those accessories are added at the port. Some of the ones listed on the Subaru site can't even be installed at port, they're only dealer installs (underspoilers are the main one). It's a very interesting/weird system to me too. I'm guessing different destinations have completely different options available, so that's why it's done that way, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

Can someone explain why and how the options are installed at the port, this seems almost like double work, are all options installed state side or just some of them? I ordered Short throw shifter, Vortex Generator and Kicker audio upgrade, I would understand the Vortex generator since it's just a sticker but I hope they aren't removing panels and replacing speakers when the car arrives to the States.

BTW my sales person just gave me an ETA of May 31st. Just ordered Rally Armor Mudflaps and Sonax Polymer Net Shield to put on the car as soon as I bring it home stuff is pretty simple to apply and protects the paint really well.

#115 ·
Actually I will be far from the first to actually receive it, as it will take approximately 2 1/2 to 3 weeks more once it arrives at Heuberger until it is re-shipped/arrives at our house. I will instead, live vicariously through others' posts and pictures.

However, the dangerous part of waiting, spend almost $2K tonight after hearing the news of its moved-forward delivery, ordering mod part after mod part.

#116 ·
Hi everyone I guess I posted in the other 2017 thread

Im a 1st time Subaru owner. Switching over from Mitsubishi. I have a 2004 Lancer Ralliart. I was in the market for a 2016 WRX Premium in WR Blue but there weren't too many left. My local dealer hooked me up with a 2017 instead. He claims it's already in Port. It's got a handful of Port options the dealership likes to add. Short throw shifter, body side molding, auto dim mirror. I'm also getting the cargo tray and all weather mats.

$29,100 - a $250 coupon I got from Subaru from NY auto show.

Now playing the waiting game. Dealer claims it's supposed to be in this month though. I can't wait.

#120 ·
Out of curiosity, on the order paperwork where it says "Allocation". Is that basically your place in line? Or is that just an arbitrary number that means nothing except just another number for Subaru's database? Also, below that there is "Current". What is the number associated with that?

#122 ·
I created a post for this located here http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/#/forumsite/20569/topics/134539617?page=1&postid=4744665

But I figured this would be a good spot too. For the people who ordered their car with the front underbody spoiler/lip. Do you know if this is a factory install, port install, or dealership install?

I'm asking because one dealer said that the can't order the car with that option and stated that we can add it in when it ships to the dealer. The problem about this is that I would have to pay for installation. Another stated that it's free install and that they can order it and it would be installed at the port.

Thanks in advance.

#125 ·
Follow-up on my order status: Placed the order Feb 8/16 (order was for a 2016 WRX Premium). There must've been lots of back-ordered 2016's, so the dealer bumped me to a 2017. Apr 29/16 Dealer says "should be a few more weeks". Today dealer says "IT'S HERE!". Now I'm picking it up tomorrow during lunch!

#129 ·
Just arrived at Heuberger this morning! Thanks Clint for immediately letting me know via the following:

Still a way to go as it soon heads on a transporter, then to the Pacific Northwest, but a nice milestone nevertheless.

Purchasing this car from Clint at Heuberger's was the easiest purchase of my life, which is saying a lot, considering I have driven almost 2,000,000 miles, been around for more than a while, and have owned over 50 vehicles along the way. Can not wait to drive my first Subaru!

#137 · (Edited)
And a nice surprise, that the 2017 WRX has an improved manual transmission, specifically designed for "improved shift feel." While this was only announced by Subaru of Canada, given Subaru's size and the complexities of every countries' fuel, emission, a vehicle's inter-related computer modules and sensors, and other factors, IMO extremely unlikely that Subaru improved the manual transmission for just its Canadian cars.

That the 2017 has a better shift feel was just corroborated yesterday in U.S. versions by one of our clubwrx members, "17SoFloRex" who drove a '16 and a '17 WRX back to back yesterday, and so posted elsewhere on our site. Thanks "17SoFloRex."

The linked long article is primary about the many details of the different models available in Canada for those who are interested. There are only three statements about the improved manual transmission in it, and have selected and repeated them below:

news wire.ca said:
2017 Subaru WRX: New Features, Same Great Performance!

Updated manual transmission for improved shift feel.

*Added infotainment functionality with Siri Eyes free and MirrorLink compatibility

*Winner of the 2016 ALG Canadian Residual Value award, Best Sports Car

Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) today [May 5th] announced the release of its 2017 Subaru WRX. Subaru's performance sedan for the true enthusiast offers refined styling yet still delivers a powerful message. For 2017, the Subaru WRX boasts a revised manual transmission and new technologies designed to enhance the infotainment experience, along with the response, sharp handling and unmatched levels of control characteristic of this performance icon.[/B]

Spine-tingling Sport Performance

Powered by a 268-horsepower 2.0-litre direct-injection turbocharged SUBARU BOXER engine, the 2017 WRX offers a choice between a six-speed manual transmission or a sport-tuned Sport Lineartronic automatic transmission that offers smooth shifting as well as an 8-speed manual shift mode with sharp shifting response. In Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE), selecting Sport Sharp (S#) switches to 8-speed shifting. SI-DRIVE's Sport Sharp mode (S#) within Sport Lineartronic emulates traditional shift points to let drivers feel the WRX's impressive power and performance.

Equipped with the Subaru symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive system built around the SUBARU BOXER engine, the WRX remains the symbol of Subaru AWD sport performance. The Subaru WRX employs an Active Torque Vectoring system that supplements the AWD system, making handling more precise and improved cornering. Multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control provides a precise and enjoyable driving experience.

Subaru's performance sedan for the true enthusiast offers refined styling yet still delivers a powerful message.

2016 ALG Canadian Residual Value Awards

Three Trim Levels, New Amenities

The 2017 Subaru WRX is offered in three trim levels: the entry level WRX, WRX Sport and WRX Sport-tech. For the 2017 model year, the WRX adds automatic up/down functionality to the front passenger's window, a soft woven fabric on the roof trim and a revised manual transmission offering improved shift feel. The 2017 WRX Sport has been given the same changes as the entry model but has otherwise not been changed for this model year.

In addition to the above changes, the 2017 WRX Sport-tech has been given new infotainment functionality, including Siri Eyes free compatibility for greater voice control, SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link: Weather, Sports, and Stocks for detailed information seamlessly integrated into the navigation system, as well as MirrorLink compatibility, enabling connectivity between the vehicle and any MirrorLink-enabled Android smartphone, for easier and more responsible access to navigation, music and phone apps.[/B]

SOURCE Subaru Canada Inc.

Image with caption: "2017 Subaru WRX (CNW Group/Subaru Canada Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160504_C6635_PHOTO_EN_682804.jpg

For further information: Julie Lychak, (905) 568-4959, jlychak@subaru.ca; Sebastien Lajoie, Media Relations, Quebec Region, (514) 336-0600, slajoie@subaru.ca

RELATED LINKS
Public Relations / Relations Publiques

#138 ·
And a nice surprise, that the 2017 WRX has an improved manual transmission, specifically designed for "improved shift feel." While this was only announced by Subaru of Canada, given Subaru's size and the complexities of every countries' fuel, emission, a vehicle's inter-related computer modules and sensors, and other factors, IMO extremely unlikely that Subaru improved the manual transmission for just its Canadian cars.

That the 2017 has a better shift feel was just corroborated yesterday in U.S. versions by one of our clubwrx members, "17SoFloRex" who drove a '16 and a '17 WRX back to back yesterday, noting the 2017's better shift feel, and he posted this. Thanks "17SoFloRex."

The linked long article is primary about the many details of the different models available in Canada for those who are interested. There are only three statements about the improved manual transmission in it, and have selected and repeated them below:

news wire.ca said:
2017 Subaru WRX: New Features, Same Great Performance!

Updated manual transmission for improved shift feel.

*Added infotainment functionality with Siri Eyes free and MirrorLink compatibility

*Winner of the 2016 ALG Canadian Residual Value award, Best Sports Car

Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) today [May 5th] announced the release of its 2017 Subaru WRX. Subaru's performance sedan for the true enthusiast offers refined styling yet still delivers a powerful message. For 2017, the Subaru WRX boasts a revised manual transmission and new technologies designed to enhance the infotainment experience, along with the response, sharp handling and unmatched levels of control characteristic of this performance icon.[/B]

Spine-tingling Sport Performance

Powered by a 268-horsepower 2.0-litre direct-injection turbocharged SUBARU BOXER engine, the 2017 WRX offers a choice between a six-speed manual transmission or a sport-tuned Sport Lineartronic automatic transmission that offers smooth shifting as well as an 8-speed manual shift mode with sharp shifting response. In Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE), selecting Sport Sharp (S#) switches to 8-speed shifting. SI-DRIVE's Sport Sharp mode (S#) within Sport Lineartronic emulates traditional shift points to let drivers feel the WRX's impressive power and performance.

Equipped with the Subaru symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive system built around the SUBARU BOXER engine, the WRX remains the symbol of Subaru AWD sport performance. The Subaru WRX employs an Active Torque Vectoring system that supplements the AWD system, making handling more precise and improved cornering. Multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control provides a precise and enjoyable driving experience.

Subaru's performance sedan for the true enthusiast offers refined styling yet still delivers a powerful message.

2016 ALG Canadian Residual Value Awards

Three Trim Levels, New Amenities

The 2017 Subaru WRX is offered in three trim levels: the entry level WRX, WRX Sport and WRX Sport-tech. For the 2017 model year, the WRX adds automatic up/down functionality to the front passenger's window, a soft woven fabric on the roof trim and a revised manual transmission offering improved shift feel. The 2017 WRX Sport has been given the same changes as the entry model but has otherwise not been changed for this model year.

In addition to the above changes, the 2017 WRX Sport-tech has been given new infotainment functionality, including Siri Eyes free compatibility for greater voice control, SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link: Weather, Sports, and Stocks for detailed information seamlessly integrated into the navigation system, as well as MirrorLink compatibility, enabling connectivity between the vehicle and any MirrorLink-enabled Android smartphone, for easier and more responsible access to navigation, music and phone apps.[/B]

SOURCE Subaru Canada Inc.

Image with caption: "2017 Subaru WRX (CNW Group/Subaru Canada Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160504_C6635_PHOTO_EN_682804.jpg

For further information: Julie Lychak, (905) 568-4959, jlychak@subaru.ca; Sebastien Lajoie, Media Relations, Quebec Region, (514) 336-0600, slajoie@subaru.ca

RELATED LINKS
Public Relations / Relations Publiques

#189 ·
I have searched, here, "the other site" and google.....
There was a bit of back and forth, about the 2017 WRX "revised manual transmission". I don't think it was in this thread, but this was all my searches could find.

Is there any confirmation on what exactly was meant by "revised" and if the US got it, like Canada, apparently ?

#144 ·
My 2017 WRX Ltd arrived on 4/28/16 at dealer. I had them fix the holes in the front as I have the Perrin Offset Plate holder. I'm going in tonight with the check and driving it home. I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.
Congrats!! Can you either confirm or dispel the rumor that ALL 2017 Limited models come with a 7" touchscreen even if you didn't opt for the Nav? If this rumor is correct, do you know if it is the same unit as the Nav/HK option but without the Nav maps installed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.