2016 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2016 WRX within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been hearing rumors of Subaru doing a total body overhaul for the 2016 WRX's due to the people ...

2016 WRX

I have been hearing rumors of Subaru doing a total body overhaul for the 2016 WRX's due to the people who hate the new body style/are upset that there is not a hatchback option. From what I am hearing, the rumor is that they are going to go with the 2013 concept model (which is pretty badass looking) but there is no way to be sure if this is true or not. The only reason I am asking is because I have an order in for a limited 2015 ISM WRX that is scheduled to arrive in February.. I love the look of the 2015's but if they are actually going with the 2013 concept look, it would really suck because I love both looks. I also like that they are talking about putting a touchscreen headunit standard in the 2016's along with a few other additions. At some point I have to just buckle down and realize that every year they are going to come out with a new model with a few new add-ons but I just figured I would ask and see if anyone has heard anything. I just can't imagine Subaru making the 2015's a 1 year model, when they typically wait about 5 years before they come out with a new model but the fact that so many people are upset with this year's model makes me wonder. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The rumor was for the Impreza, not the WRX. There was a lot of confusion last year about this.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Even though some don't like the new design and that there isn't a hatchback, '15 WRXs are selling like crazy. Most dealers can't keep them in stock and if they do get them, they are sold in days. Subaru is setting sales records with their current line up as well as many rave reviews.

I highly doubt that Subaru will be making any significant changes for at least 3 years aside from probably resurrecting a hatchback version.
    Ryan
    '15 WRX Premium -- Sunroof, short throw, upgraded lights (LED boomarangs, HID lowbeams), TapTurn, STi Wing, 20% Tint

Zax is right, the refresh is for the normal Impreza. I would imagine a lot more people would be downright pissed off if Subaru went ahead and changed things up for 2016, myself included. From what I know about these cars, they usually get refreshed every 2-3 year, but don't get anything major done for 5-6 years. I think we can expect the body to stay the same or close to the same until maybe 2018 at the least. I have a WRX on the way too, can't wait till it gets here!

We will likely see a minor facelift in 2017 or 2018. I expect a hatch for 2016 or 2017.

Yeah a facelift in a couple year is more than possible, but I doubt the hatch. As nice as it would be to have a hatch again, Subaru has no reason to make one anymore since 2015 is the best sales year for the WRX. Plus the Levorg is hideous

Subaru will lose sales if they don't come out with a hatch. In the past subaru went with only one body style for the release and it only lasted a year or two.

I do think the levorg looks good, but it's definitely a wagon not a hatch. I'd like to see a WRX hatch, but if subaru brings the levorg stateside, I could see them not offering a WRX hatch as well.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    Subaru will lose sales if they don't come out with a hatch.
    Doubtful. People complained about the lack of a hatch when the 2015s first came out and said the same thing. Sales numbers tell us it hasn't hurt them at all.
    My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Doubtful. People complained about the lack of a hatch when the 2015s first came out and said the same thing. Sales numbers tell us it hasn't hurt them at all.
    I agree. People complained about there not being a hatch, yet the dealers can't keep them in stock. Why would they rush to offer a hatch now
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    I do agree that it's highly unlikely Subaru will do a major revision for '16. However, If it does happen, that would make the '15s pretty valuable being a "one year model".

Or this could just be wishful thinking....
    “Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.” - David Rains Wallace

2015 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium - Dark Grey Metallic

Thanks for all of the replies guys! I had the same thought process, that I couldn't imagine Subaru doing a total redesign a year later but after hearing all the rumors it got me wondering.. I didn't hear that it was just for the Impreza so thank you for that! I just cannot wait for my WRX to come in, the wait is killing me! Hopefully the wait will be over sooner rather than later because SOA says ETA is the month of March while my dealership says ETA is February..Hopefully the dealership is more accurate than SOA! Good luck with your wait for your cars and to those who already have them, enjoy!

I'm hoping that they change the audio/multimedia system to the one the new Impreza has. I'd buy one right away.

I went to a dealer this past weekend, since I'm going to buy a WRX this summer and I wanted to see them closeup (love it even more now... waiting is going to be tough). A salesman caught me looking, and when I told him I'm getting one in the summer, he mentioned that I should get the 2016 WRX instead. He said it would arrive in early-mid summer, and told me that the body will be exactly the same, and that the only differences/upgrade would be the radio face; all the WRX's would get the new Impreza's large touchscreen standard. He also mentioned the WRX would get a heads-up display. Not sure if that would be standard or an option, though.

This of course is not official, and a quick google I just did couldn't really find any information on the 2016 WRX. So I don't know how he found out without google knowing. I didn't ask where he heard it from, I just said, "You seriously already know about the 2016 model?", and he said yes. If he is correct, I'm pretty excited about the 2016 coming when I'm about to buy the vehicle.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TSlop View Post
    I went to a dealer this past weekend, since I'm going to buy a WRX this summer and I wanted to see them closeup (love it even more now... waiting is going to be tough). A salesman caught me looking, and when I told him I'm getting one in the summer, he mentioned that I should get the 2016 WRX instead. He said it would arrive in early-mid summer, and told me that the body will be exactly the same, and that the only differences/upgrade would be the radio face; all the WRX's would get the new Impreza's large touchscreen standard. He also mentioned the WRX would get a heads-up display. Not sure if that would be standard or an option, though.

This of course is not official, and a quick google I just did couldn't really find any information on the 2016 WRX. So I don't know how he found out without google knowing. I didn't ask where he heard it from, I just said, "You seriously already know about the 2016 model?", and he said yes. If he is correct, I'm pretty excited about the 2016 coming when I'm about to buy the vehicle.
    I just went to the dealer this past Saturday and heard the exact same thing. The touchscreen user interface is basically going from one of the worst in the industry to one of the best. You can read the reviews of it on the new Legacy, Outback and XV/Impreza. The Forester and WRX are the only two models without it so far. It seems worth it to wait if the upgraded stereo & NAV are on your wish list.

Eh I prefer to just get a base model and then switch over to a reputable aftermarket touchscreen h/u if the desire arises in the future lol. It ends up costing much less than if I order the car with a touchscreen and nav and whatnot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.