2015 bodystyle is growing on me - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2015 bodystyle is growing on me within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The first time I saw the '15 WRX in person I thought it was a rental car....

I Support ClubWRX
    The first time I saw the '15 WRX in person I thought it was a rental car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think some people like the er look. Hey, nice Ford Focu...uh, wait, what?

Now I'm not saying the WRX is a beautiful car...ok, well I am, IMO, but I just love the looks of the '11 - '14, and even before then, they would still attract my eye every time. Had no idea what it was, but I liked it.
    Not so much anymore.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have liked the looks of practically all of the WRX and STi I have seen Subaru release. I like the 2015 the most. My second fav is the GC.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I personally think the prior generation, before 2008, looks pretty good.

I think if we go back and look at the concept car that everyone liked, there's not much difference between it and the WRX now. The front is very close, lights a bit different, the side is close cept huge tires and green/yellow calipers on concept. From the rear the taillights are different. But in general the concept is close. I think Subaru went with a more generally appealing front and rear tailights and wheels/calipers to get more non-tuner guys interested in it. Subaru is small compared to like Toyota and they need more WRX/STi sales. Even Toyota and Honda don't really make sports car anymore. Mazda and Subaru seems to.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

I've always had a respect for the wrx/sti cars I've randomly seen here and there on the road, but I didn't consider ever buying one until I saw the 2015 model. Drove it and instantly reminded me of driving my first bmw. Feels like a solid performer and looks mirror that ability.

I saw a 15 STI in town the other day and it has a nice look from the back.

Definitely grows on me the more I look at it.

Isn't the HP the same as the 08-14 STI? 305?

I would like to drive one just see how it compares to the 14.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbolag11 View Post
    I saw a 15 STI in town the other day and it has a nice look from the back.

Definitely grows on me the more I look at it.

Isn't the HP the same as the 08-14 STI? 305?

I would like to drive one just see how it compares to the 14.
    Advertised horsepower is unchanged. The car is a night-and-day difference over the 2015. The chassis is MUCH better.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Advertised horsepower is unchanged. The car is a night-and-day difference over the 2015. The chassis is MUCH better.
    Wow, I didn't realize I posted about the HP in two different threads.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Meh all WRXs are ugly.
    True. The GR hatchbacks I thought were good, but all others are oddities. I'd still drive em though.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I think it looks MUCH better in person. I saw one recently in Galaxy Blue Pearl and was really impressed.

The interior is nicer but not as nice as it could be. They should take style lessons from Fiat.

OTOH, I like the aggressive look of my 2012. I would have smoothed out the fenders a bit with some flame styling ala BMW and made the rear wider. My previous car was a Z4, so you can see where I'm coming from...

And I would have made the front grill evil grin even more pronounced, rather than the fish mouth thing it has now.

Quote Originally Posted by a.dewey.robinson View Post
    I just got the 15 WRX CVT and couldn't be more pleased. It's the best machine dollar for dollar. I love pulling up to M3 at at red lights knowing I could smoke them and they paid $25k more.
    Not sure if he's a troll or just ignorant?

Banned
    Appearance is an important factor for me when buying a car. While it's the performance that I'm most concerned about, I can't help but prefer choosing a car in which it's appearance appeals to me. As for 2015's bodystyle, I quite like how the new look.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.