New but old concept

This is a discussion on New but old concept within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am not sure where to start my build thread. If this is not the right place please help move ...

New but old concept

I am not sure where to start my build thread. If this is not the right place please help move it to the correct place!

I have decided to start a build to make my own FRS. I love the new one, but i hate the new car feel. The idea is great, the new tech is wonderful but the car is so plasticy feeling!

So i am taking a 1976 celica gt and putting in a boxer motor. RWD, boxer powered toyota lol. My "Fake Rally Sport"!

I will be needing lots of tech info on engine harnesses and ecu's the turbo process on a ej22 or if its best to go ej20 ect... I work at reclaimer auto and have lots of ability just no knowledge yet. I look forward to getting to learn and grow with this build. I have always loved subaru and toyota and now i get to have both in one!

I am also thinking about going AWD, but i am not sure on that one yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10307426_1425299237732432_8834077630322031104_n.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know the car is not a toyota, but if you notice the work done by joe maddox at reclaimer auto or facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReclaimerAutopage I hope people will have faith in the heart of this build and allow it to be here. Its all about the heart right! lol It will be fun and fast, with that suby sound coming out of a apexi N1 exhaust!

If i can get a link to save me some searching bs that would be great. I would like to find a thread on turbo ej22 builds, turbo swaps into non turbo subys and also anything on ignition splicing with the suby engine harnesses.

Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool, had a '75 Celica GT back in the day. I suppose I'd be more apt to put a hot Toyota engine in it, if I'm going through all of the trouble to do an engine swap. Given that it was designed for an inline-4, I wonder if there will be interesting barriers to fitting a boxer..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Ray, first order of business is moving this to the Builds thread!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Ove "The Pope" Andersson with the Celica at the 24 Rallye Acropolis, started on 29.05.1977:

Andersson would later head TTE (Toyota Team Europe) and also Toyota's F1 works team.

I was too young to remember him at the Acropolis as a driver; however TTE made a huge mark on motorsport -- the much later Celica 4WD was the first Japanese car to be taken seriously in GrA (at that time Subaru's role was solely for comedic relief... not unlike today... anyway, I digress...) and in fact TTE was the first Japanese team to seriously challenge Lancia Martini.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.