2015 WRX Audio Questions

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Audio Questions within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 2015 GBP base model with standard audio. I have a USB with several general folders like BLUES,JAZZ,OLDIES,CLASSICAL,etc,etc. ...

2015 WRX Audio Questions

I have a 2015 GBP base model with standard audio. I have a USB with several general folders like BLUES,JAZZ,OLDIES,CLASSICAL,etc,etc. Within each of these general folders I have numerous folders by artists, and the mp3 files are within these folders.I can not find a way to select a general folder before anything else.The usb starts with the first general category and I dont see how to change to another category. TIA for any assistance, Turboman2015. Btw, the audio isnt as bad as some have stated, to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on new car. Glad to hear you think the base stereo is not as bad as some others think. I know audio quality is very subjective. I am planning on buying a 2015, and don't want the touchscreen interface that comes with HK upgrade. i also have heard mixed things about kicker upgrade, and would prefer to do my own upgrades.

have you tried the hidden menu options to change default calibration? You can find videos on youtube if you search. There was a thread I read on one of the subaru forum (can't remember which one) that showed audio system has some wacky default processing where bass in boosted and mids are cut, even if bass, mid and treble adjustments are set to 0. Most people say changing the hidden menu settings make an improvement.

Sorry, can't help you out on flash drive, as I don't have WRX yet. My only suggestion would be to try making master folder "music" for example, and then move all genres into master folder. The stereo may then default to root folder "music" you made, and then it might be easier to select different folders from there. Not sure if there is anything in the owner's manual that may help.

I'm putting music in folders as we speak for the morning drive, I will let you know if i can get it to change folders, i sure hope that's a feature though.

But yeah definitely do the audio trick, i changed mine to "through" mode this morning, sounds much better to me.
    2015 ISM WRX

You can't do it on the steering wheel but on the head unit you hit the up/down arrows to go between folders.

Now that I'm re reading your post I haven't tried subfolders though
    2015 ISM WRX

The up down arrows only change the sub folders within the general folder. I would like to change the general category, then select folders within it. It starts with the first general folder and to get to the next one requires going through several hundred sub folders which takes days of driving, having to listen to one genre of music before a change can occur. I am just about ready to get a half dozen smaller flashdrives and just put one genre in each one, but thats a pain while driving.

Gotcha, Yeah I'm not sure about folders inside of folders. I just have my flashdrive with 4 different folders (rock,hiphop,etc) straight on the root so everything works as I planned.
    2015 ISM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by russ_sc View Post
    Gotcha, Yeah I'm not sure about folders inside of folders. I just have my flashdrive with 4 different folders (rock,hiphop,etc) straight on the root so everything works as I planned.

I thought of another idea, but its a big chore to do. Create the genre folders, then move the files from each sub folder directly into the genre folder and go that way, but we are talking hundreds and hundreds of files. Thats why I asked first about folders and subfolders. Interesting thing is, I have a BRZ also and the folders and subfolders work there. Nothing like inconsistency, why keep something that works.